Staff member
That might do it, but your mind will go crazy. :rofl:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
... By not being able to mod their cars! :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
:lol: 9k...are they serious? That sounds pretty ridiculous unless you are having some insane build performed. You could probably find a built longblock for less than 9k.

Nope nothing crazy, I want it sleeved and full internals minus the crankshaft. Ported and polished heads. And they told me 9K. So I'm going to give AWD tuning a call and see what they can quote me at. End goal for the car is 500 to the wheels. But I want my block built one step past that for the reliability

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Check out these guys as well... You could get a closed-deck block that's built like a brick-shithouse, and more reliable than anything sleeved, for less than Cobb would charge you.

http://www.offthelineperformance.com/

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I hope it works out for you. I have been salivating over their closed-deck engines for a while now. I can't even allow myself to view their website again until I have the money to buy said engine... I too, have a terminal case of the mod bug. :(

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=4241]Smee_STI[/MENTION] call our vendor [MENTION=2654]PSIPROformance[/MENTION] and tell them you're a premium member of our community. They do awesome work.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
lol give them a call today as well. Thanks

Tell them we sent you. It will make a difference. They're a great group and we put them at the top of the list. ;)

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
Reconsider AWD tuning. They seem to be hit or miss.

Reconsider sleeving. There is no need for that at your power goals. Sleeving is also pretty unreliable unless perfectly done.

Closed decks are nice and durable as @batmibile_engage has pointed that out.

9k for what your having done? Hell, you can get a Cosworth short block for about half that, Rallispec and Element tuning for even less. But.... I guess labor is also figured into that??