Subimods Hella Horn Kit

I bought the Hella Horn kit as soon as it came out, the horns, the bracket, and the custom wiring harness.

They were awesome until one day last week or so I noticed smoke from my grill when I parked in my driveway. I looked and the horn relay fuse was completely melted!

I contacted subimods of this and they asked for a few detailed pictures. Which I took and sent them to him.

I did research their site and they recently came out with a version 2 custom wiring harness, and after some chatting with the builder of these harnesses they are sending me the new version 2 harness for free!

Here's the carnage:

9e7763f9cd4523323a22e4a2e2e7a867.jpg

4733948cda0bf4a10695db76234e3e52.jpg

c0a88cd86aea61106fd3ea98c5f82f2e.jpg

64c0fa1105e79a3205449f9b63a73989.jpg

379f80cdf8d567f62246e627591ed607.jpg

So excited to get the new harness and my horns working again! My inspection is due and I need those to pass NYS inspection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
i had the same issue in my old car with the subimods harness.. swapped the relay out with the one from the hella horns and never had a problem after that.. where can i get this version 2 harness and can they make me one that wires up 4 horns... yes 4 horns

Yeah their version 1 wasn't a waterproof fuse relay. It wasn't shrink wrapped well at all, just a simple design flaw can ruin the whole harness. That's the only difference with the version 2 they made a water proof relay fuse. Yes go to subimods.com and find the contact us link on their page and email a request, I'm sure they can custom make you a harness for 4 horns since their patent for the version 1 and version 2 are custom made harness just for our Subaru's! Lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy crap!

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That could have done major damage. ??

Thank god it didn't caught it in time, could of had moisture inside and on a hot day shorted it out and could of started a fire! I pulled that harness off my car so fast no more damage! Can't wait for the new version to come in, pics coming soon

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Glad you caught it.

Me too

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We almost want to post this to our social media accounts to warn people.

I don't mind, I'm not sure if subimods.com will be happy about it. As far as the business aspect of it. I give you consent to use my photos JJ in the emails we spoke of it they said it has never happened to anyone before. Maybe I was the first that had the balls to ask?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well we think people should at least know. Don't you think?

Yeah I agree. But wait till my order ships! Lmao. Everyone is gunna ask for free harnesses then! They need their own pics to prove though

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Deal!

It came in today!

1234b8f73dad2d4d46d9813b00512722.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nice!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=820]STIMULA8[/MENTION] how old was your original kit? Ours is 5 years old.

We're wondering now......

[MENTION=820]STIMULA8[/MENTION] how old was your original kit? Ours is 5 years old.

We're wondering now......

I wanna say 2 years but I'm not 100% positive.