Just lost my job

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Well went into work this morning on a normal monday. Got called into the boss' office and i got fired. The reason you might ask? Bad CSI score. For those that dont know what CSI is its the surveys most employees ask you to fill out just about everywhere. Something beyond my control just cost me my job. I rarely ever had a customer leave my job upset or angry but they give me a terrible score for stupid shit. Example A. Saved a customer literally $2,000 on a repair. Got the whole thing goodwilled by Toyota. Gave me a bad score because her weathertech floor mats were dirty. (They just wipe right off if you didnt know) so now i am out of a job cuz of something that is out of my control. End rant

And thats all i have to say about that...

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
And people will be people. This is totally bogus and I am sorry to hear that. A CSI report is something I don't think you should have been fired over. Is your firing based on this one report or is there a history. Perhaps this is something you could speak to a lawyer about.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
There have been a few bad scores but just about all of them were bullshit reasons like that one. My boss knows it has nothing to do with my ability to do my job but its above his head (or so he says) this dealership is really big on CSI score and we have dropped quite a bit in Toyota's eyes but its not only me that gets bad scores but since i am the newest employee i get fired. They think thats going to fix their score.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
All they see is the few bad scores i get. They don't even show us the good ones let alone pay attention to them. Ok cool you got a 100 score but what happened with this 40? No reward for doing well there only criticize the bad

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That's just fucked up. Yet now another reason I will never purchase a Toyota product.

I know it is early but do you have an plans for getting another job?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Go to the unemployment office today to start your unemployment claim.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Never had to go on unemployment but i guess i should

You pay taxes, so don't pass it up. Better to get the ball rolling as soon as possible in case the job search takes longer than expected.

You're a good worker though, so you'll find something soon enough. :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
So sorry to hear that. :(

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

The automotive industry in general is really heavily focused on "CSI Scores" and it is unfortunately costing jobs for good employees. We had an excellent service advisor at my dealership who was let go because his scores weren't high enough for Subaru. He had been with the company for over 10 years and, wouldn't you know it, he had only a few surveys in and someone went and bombed a score on one and that was that. It doesn't matter how good you are if your customers aren't telling the manufacturer about how awesome you are. The upset ones will always be the first ones to the fight... so you need your good customers to chime in to keep you afloat. Out of the hundreds of people I work with each year, maybe half of them fill out surveys... and there's always 10 or so bad ones in there... so suddenly if you look at 200 good scores with only 10 bad scores, it's not bad... but when less than 100 good ones come in and the other 10 still bark about it, suddenly that score doesn't look so good. The CSI never truly reflects all the good work many employees put in, and it can cost you your job sometimes. It sucks.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
The automotive industry in general is really heavily focused on "CSI Scores" and it is unfortunately costing jobs for good employees. We had an excellent service advisor at my dealership who was let go because his scores weren't high enough for Subaru. He had been with the company for over 10 years and, wouldn't you know it, he had only a few surveys in and someone went and bombed a score on one and that was that. It doesn't matter how good you are if your customers aren't telling the manufacturer about how awesome you are. The upset ones will always be the first ones to the fight... so you need your good customers to chime in to keep you afloat. Out of the hundreds of people I work with each year, maybe half of them fill out surveys... and there's always 10 or so bad ones in there... so suddenly if you look at 200 good scores with only 10 bad scores, it's not bad... but when less than 100 good ones come in and the other 10 still bark about it, suddenly that score doesn't look so good. The CSI never truly reflects all the good work many employees put in, and it can cost you your job sometimes. It sucks.

Amen to that. As of 10 mins ago i now have 2 interviews scheduled for wednesday. Curry Chevrolet and Rockland Nissan. Wish me luck guys

Hate to say it but sounds like a place you dont want to work for anyway.

Best of luck in finding a new job.

That's a crappie reason to loose your job over. Best of luck finding a new job.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)