Reverend's Hyper Blue WRX STI

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Wow man. That's awesome. Aren't you glad your car doesnt get better MPG? You might never've stopped for gas, which kinda set the whole thing in motion!

Haha yeah, the benefits of going from Miles Per Gallon to Smiles Per Gallon. I certainly got a big smile for that experience!!

Need your opinion. Thinking of adding a black stripe to the lower section of the doors on my WRX STI. I've used my professional skillz (MS Paint) to mock up what it might look like. What say you? Like? No like?

I think it goes well with the car but that might be because I come from a muscle car back ground and am fond of stripes.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

I actually like it. It subtle as well. To the uninformed it would look like it belongs there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very cool! We approve 100%!

Summer Wheels are back on! Added Perrin 20mm Hub-Centric Spacers to widen the track just a little. I've heard good and bad things about spacers, but I do like how the wheels come to the edge of the body line now. No rubbing or fitment issues and the car handles nice and sharp still with the stock tires on.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Looks great, man! :tup:

Interested to hear about the experience with spacers over a long term period.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=5554]Reverend[/MENTION] where did you get them at?

?Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Looks good! I've always thought that stock wheels are just too tucked in for my liking. Spacers definitely help!

Interested to hear about the experience with spacers over a long term period.

I am too! Haha!

I've read conflicting stuff on spacers and I probably won't run them for long periods of time. When I take this thing to Autocross they'll obviously come off. Plus when I switch to winter wheels they'll come off then, too. I've been thinking of tracking down wheels that are a tad wider than these so they fill out the fenders a little better without the spacers, but that's a longer term plan.

[MENTION=5554]Reverend[/MENTION] where did you get them at?

I got these from a guy who traded in his WRX STI for a new Miata. I liked how they looked on his car when he had them and he was parting out some accessories he had on the car. He threw em in Cheap-as-Free, so I couldn't complain! So far so good!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
This looks much better! :tup:

Summer Wheels are back on! Added Perrin 20mm Hub-Centric Spacers to widen the track just a little. I've heard good and bad things about spacers, but I do like how the wheels come to the edge of the body line now. No rubbing or fitment issues and the car handles nice and sharp still with the stock tires on.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1595/25963881523_8680b86cd8_z.jpg
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1674/26540647276_1850e34e0d_z.jpg

Updated the listing for My Ride today. Big change yesterday, but I can't really take a picture of this change except for this little iPod-looking thing on my center console.

IMG_1124 by 86Reverend, on Flickr

Had my Higgins Blue WRX STI protuned yesterday by Graham (Boosted Performance Tuning). Everything else is stock on the car, but I wanted to see what this car could do without the EPA crap bogging it down. Boy oh boy did this thing wake up! No more weird dips in power, no more super-touchy gas right off the get-go, more predictable throttle response, smoother and stronger power through every gear, everything feels so much more RIGHT with this car!

I was skeptical at first of tuning and the risks involved and warranty blah blah blah but after reading up on the factory tune, it seemed like going with a protune would be a smart choice. I suppose the only downside in the long run will be that it is tuned for 93, which is a bit scarce around here. However, there's a station right by my house and right by where I work so at least in that regard, I'm not worried about getting around. I'll have to figure out an alternative solution if I plan on going anywhere west of where I live... since 93 is scarce. Probably flash a tune for 91 to be safe.

Anyways, the car has never felt better! It's my first foray into tuning and, if it's anything like other modifications, I know it can be a slippery slope. However, I was just fine on the stock tune for 8 months before, so I get the feeling I'll be happy with this for awhile. (Famous Last Words)

IMG_1097 by 86Reverend, on Flickr

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
What mods do you have for the protune?

She's stock. I plan to keep it that way in the event that something goes wrong and I can flash it back to the factory tune and get it covered. Once I've had it for awhile I'll decide if I wanna keep going with it, but it's still plenty of car for me to drive. When I first got it, Intelligent mode seemed quick to me. This is the quickest car I've ever owned, so the car was driving ME for the first month or so. Started getting used to it and then Sport became my go-to for everyday driving. Sport Sharp just seemed a bit bonkers and throttle control kinda went out the window since it was so touchy.

Intelligent, Sport, and Sport Sharp feel distinctly different now that it's been tuned. Intelligent mode is much more of an economy mode now. Sport has a nice punch to it and tops out around 15 psi. Sport Sharp feels bonkers strong, so I've been keeping it in Sport unless I really want to give it the beans. I was going to jump up to "Stage 2" and get a downpipe like you, but I'm really happy with how this feels right now.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Good deal. Take your time. ?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
Lmfao at "give it the beans"

Best sentence i have ever read

And thats all i have to say about that...