Reverend's Hyper Blue WRX STI

Thanks! I just drove the car through the rain last week and checked things. Seemed fine. I still want to fabricate some kind of duct / funnel from the scoop to the TMIC to make it more effective. The vents on the side have some duct work underneath them that would let more rain/water in but it doesn't seem like it's causing any issues. We'll see how things work out with this!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Those blue "L" shaped bars are part of the rear brace kit. When you have a stiff rear swaybars, bushings, and endlinks it puts an enormous amount of stress on the mounting points and there can be a lot of flex here. The This kit significantly reduces this, removing unwanted movement and play so the sum of those parts added can do their job more consistently. I've driven cars with upgraded rear suspension components, but never this much of a jump (24mm) so I made sure I added the rear brace kit to my laundry list of things to add here. Handling has drastically improved all around.

KenpoSTi

Thanks! I just drove the car through the rain last week and checked things. Seemed fine. I still want to fabricate some kind of duct / funnel from the scoop to the TMIC to make it more effective. The vents on the side have some duct work underneath them that would let more rain/water in but it doesn't seem like it's causing any issues. We'll see how things work out with this!

Thanks I wondered if the engine bay took in a lot more dirt and such with them. It does look awesome though!

A little more work on the front end. Got some Diode Dynamics LED C-Light Upgrades so the "angry eyes" are brighter and sharper than ever. Really helps set off the aggressive look the front end has.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Wicked!

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

Some better photos of how she sits now. Getting ready to drive up to see the Ojibwe Forests Rally this weekend!

Bet ya can't guess who I'm rooting for at Ojibwe!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Your car looks orgasmic!

Long overdue update for my "Higgins Blue" STI and we'll start with that reference. Took the car up to Ojibwe Forests Rally in late August and got to meet up with David Higgins and Craig Drew. It was good catching up with them and, before I returned home, they took some pictures with "their" ride.

Bummed the rally (and the season) didn't quite go their way, but I'll be rooting for my favorites again next season!

Before winter hit, I had a good friend of mine work his detail magic on the car. Subaru paint is pretty soft, so it's easy to swirl it up over time. A bit of minor paint correction and some detailing really made this color POP again. He did a great job and I'm really happy with the results!

Winter is coming and, since I've sold my All-Season wheels and tires, I needed to find a suitable winter set. My summers are Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires wrapped around 18 inch METHOD 501 Rally Wheels. For winter, I got some General Altimax Arctic Studdable tires wrapped around 17 inch METHOD 502 rally wheels.

They'll go on after this coming weekend, so I'm excited to see how they actually look on the car. Should barely clear my STI Brembos and the offset is even wider than the 501s, so I'm really stoked to see how they look on my rally car.

There's one more Autocross and one more Rallycross with the NRSCCA that I'd like to attend with this thing. Keep the Summers on for the pavement this weekend and then switch to the winters for some grip in the Rallycross mid-month. Should be a fun way to finish out the year!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You always post amazing updates! Can't wait to see the car with the wheels on!!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Those wheels are gonna look awesome!

I almost forgot its fall/winter. Darn texas!