STAY AWAY from WASP Composite

funk32

Well my frustration is coming to a boiling point with WASP Composite. I want to let everyone know how my interaction has gone, maybe others have had the same and have yet to come forward.

6th Sept 2015: After failed email attempts, I went to Facebook to see if I could get something from there but received nothing back.

19th Oct 2015: I contacted Mark of Jager Racing on the forums and he asked me to email him, I did so promptly. Shortly after Mark contacted Wasp composite on my behalf, I received a Facebook message. Later that day we came to an agreement on what I wanted to buy and for how much. (I am in Portugal at this time).

22nd Oct 2015: Finally sorted out my CC (someone had skimmed it right before I left the country fml) payment was made. I will add that he did mention that he wouldn’t be able to complete everything right away due to his support at the super battle laps, which I had no issues with as I wasn’t even in the country.

10th Nov 2015: Finally, back in Canada and I asked how the progress was, the splitter had been completed and he was working on the trunk.

22nd Nov 2015: Both the trunk and the splitter were completed and when I asked about the canards he stated they were in-stock.

3rd Dec 2015: Splitter was supposed to have shipped according to Wasp and the trunk would follow the week after.

8th Dec 2015: Asked if the splitter had been shipped yet and the answer was no and that FedEx was picking it up today and the trunk would have to be shipped when I came back from vacation.

10-15 Dec 2015: I tried contacting to see the status of the splitter, was not able to get a hold of them and assumed the Splitter had not been shipped so I asked them to hold it due to going on vacation.

5th Jan 2016: Asked to have the splitter shipped as I was returning home, was told it would be shipped on Friday (8th).

11th Jan 2016: shipping label was created for the splitter. Now they say they need to finish the canards after I was told they were in-stock on 22nd Nov 2015.

12th Jan 2016: splitter finally shipped. Trunk was supposed to have been shipped tomorrow.

14-15 Jan 2016: No contact from Wasp, this was my last msg “good morning, I am not sure what is going on here but I am becoming a bit frustrated. I am being deployed on the 26th for 2 weeks so I need this shipped asap so I can still be here to receive the package.”

18th Jan 2016: Shipping label for second package with the rest of my order was created.

19th Jan 2016: second package was shipped. Same day the Splitter arrived at the house. After opening it and inspecting for damage I found it to be in great shape. I then test fitted it with the bumper to find out it was the WRONG splitter. It was the 3” street version and not the 5” race version I had ordered, plus there was no space on the sides to mount the endplates I had ordered to go with it. I contacted WASP as soon as I could. He asked me to take a tape measure and check and send him a picture. He tells me he remembers that I had asked for a 5” and he said he remembers making it for a 5” and that he even borrowed a bumper for measurements. I asked if there could have been a mix up and his reply was that it could not have happened as mine was the only splitter for a Subaru he made recently. Asked if my lip or bumper were different than others, I said No. “Let me get a bumper and I will answer your question and you will get a new splitter with straight edges for end plates, I am gonna get a bumper tomorrow (hopefully the customer drops it off) and I am gonna check my template and get back to you”.

20th Jan 2016: Wasp was not able to get the bumper from another customer.

21st Jan 2016:
Wasp tells me Customer didn't show up yesterday. He is going to a different shop tomorrow and get it himself.

22nd Jan 2016: nothing heard.

23rd Jan 2016: I send these message “I am starting to think a refund for the Splitter might be an option, which is a shame as I was super excited about this part. Being that I had ordered this Oct 22 and have seen delay after delay and then the wrong splitter show up. I am having concerns that this is going to continue to be drawn out even longer and not be resolved. Having to rely on one of your customers to bring a bumper so you can build me a new splitter is concerning since I thought you'd have a template ready to go. I can't see myself waiting another 3-4 weeks for this to be fixed. I have been patient with this situation but sometimes it is better to cut your losses and this may be one of those situations. Please let me know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.”

24th Jan – 25th Jan 2016:
nothing heard.

UPDATE

26th Jan 2016: I recieved this msg "I just made it yesterday. I need to keep it couple days in mold to cure, cut trim and package so by next monday it will ship. You can keep the other splitter, sell it or make a table out of it.. can help me out with half the shipping cost I appreciate it"

once it showed up there were no mounting brackets and was promised they would be made as he was updating them... nothing ever showed up

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Did you contact your credit card company?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah at this point you should do exactly what [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION] suggests. If you start a dispute with your credit card company, they have no choice but to respond and either give you what you ordered or issue a refund. If you have all of the correspondence then you should have no problem.

funk32

sorry guys I didnt update this, some reason I didnt get emails and forgot to come back to sort it out. I will add the update to the first post.