Twin plate chatter

dcp2

Guys i just replaced my sti's clutch and got an xtreme twin plate clutch from australia ceramic 6puck disk. Is there a way to drive this without violent chatter during first gear engagement? Or will this go away after break in? Or should i just ditch this and get something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It should get a little better as it breaks in but some times it never goes away fully or at all. This is the nature of these clutches and is considered normal because they are not designed for daily use. They are designed to grab quickly under hard launch or shifting. Also they are very noisy and can even register false knock at times. Until the recommend break in is over you should try to engage the clutch as lightly as possible. Give it some time and let us know how it goes.

dcp2

Will changing the clutch lining help? If i change from 6puck ceramic to full face organic?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yes it will help immensely if you can get a full face disks for the twin plate.

dcp2

Got a spec stage 3+ clutch kit instead lets see how it goes.

dcp2

Installation complete well so far spec stage 3+ is a lot more streetable comparing it to my twin plate i think it will hold. My only regets is paying for the twin plate and not being able to use it. Let this be a lesson to others unless youre racing the car full time stay away fromnsolid hub ceramic twin plates.

dcp2

Im actually planning to sell this, ya ebay is a good idea. Thanks