Wow 255 LPH

andyxrace

here it is my new fuel pump 255 LPH for my subarOne.
8af0ff2ec6c9c5be8a07f6d9efea6f3b.jpg

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

andyxrace

I also mounted a pressure gauge after the fuel filter which marks 2.8 bar to a minimum and reaches 4.2 bar with subarOne marching. I now have a 230 LPH pump. You think it is OK?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I also mounted a pressure gauge after the fuel filter which marks 2.8 bar to a minimum and reaches 4.2 bar with subarOne marching. I now have a 230 LPH pump. You think it is OK?

What kind of power are we talking here and what fuel. For stock turbo applications the 230 LPH should be fine but it wouldn't hurt to put in the 255. The 255 LPH pump should be good up to about 450 on gasoline but if you plan on using E85 then you will need something more like 300 or more. :tup: Most of the time I will just go right for the Aeromotive 340 for any application.

andyxrace

What kind of power are we talking here and what fuel. For stock turbo applications the 230 LPH should be fine but it wouldn't hurt to put in the 255. The 255 LPH pump should be good up to about 450 on gasoline but if you plan on using E85 then you will need something more like 300 or more. :tup: Most of the time I will just go right for the Aeromotive 340 for any application.
my engine is completely original, I mounted the 230 when it is burned her. Now I took the 255 parts. I also wanted to know about your experience, you must have pressure?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The pressure is governed by the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR), not the fuel pump. So it should not matter what fuel pump you use as long as it provides the correct volume. To check your fuel pressure, idle the car and disconnect the vacuum line from the regulator, your pressure should be around 43 +/- 1 psi. With the vacuum line connected, it should drop at the same rate as actual manifold vacuum.

Looking at the picture above, if your gauge is showing that reading at idle, then I assume the vacuum line is connected to the FPR. If so then that reading is what I would expect it to be. I think it is good.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Now ya tell me. I did the DW200, but Im mostly stock power so I guess I'm fine.

I saw no reason to change anything. Your IDC's where good so you have enough fuel. If you upgrade your turbo at some point, we will have to look at that.

andyxrace

The pressure is governed by the Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR), not the fuel pump. So it should not matter what fuel pump you use as long as it provides the correct volume. To check your fuel pressure, idle the car and disconnect the vacuum line from the regulator, your pressure should be around 43 +/- 1 psi. With the vacuum line connected, it should drop at the same rate as actual manifold vacuum.

Looking at the picture above, if your gauge is showing that reading at idle, then I assume the vacuum line is connected to the FPR. If so then that reading is what I would expect it to be. I think it is good.
you, I simply inserted the gauge, without disconnecting anything. where he found the original detector? you have pictures?