How to Select the Best Turbo for your Car

Ok I'm piggy backing on this thread instead of creating a new one.

I have a chance to pick up a FP green with 3k miles on it.

The deal would be me trading my low mileage vf39 with stock dp and $200 on top of that for this fp since the guy is going back to stock and selling it.

Do you think this is a good trade?

He doesn't know if it's a HTA or HTX so I told him to take a pic of the serial number and the oil line so I can identify if it's an hta or HTX and the oil line version.

Do you think it's worth it still if it's an hta?

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

Yes sorry HTZ spell unassist is lovely at times.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

I never heard of a HTX. I just got the HTZ. If it is an HTZ then I think it's a good deal
What intake are you using its a 3 inch turbo I kept correct? My only issue is I have all my stuff for the stock 2.4 inch but I'll probably bite the bullet and buy it and just go 3 inch I've heard of some people doing a 3 inch to 2.4 inch reducer with out issues which might be an option as well.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Depending on the turbo inlet you use, you may run into similar problems to mine. The TGV deletes I bought back in the day would not all my 3" turbo inlet to fit properly. Ultimately even with the factory TGVs in place, many 3" inlets are a realllllly tight fit with a stock location turbo. This is why lots of people go with a rotated turbo setup. As for me, I will eventually get some TGV deletes that are better engineered (or some factory TGVs that have been gutted) so they will allow my 3" inlet to fit properly.