What is the ideal horsepower for you?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I am very content with the power my car makes. Since it has never been dynod, we will assume it's in the 290-300 WHP range. I do not crave any more power than my car already has... HOWEVER, a little more surely can't hurt... can it?! :tard:

So, what's the ideal horsepower for you?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
the way my STi sits right now it was dyno'd at 285/312. it had good pick up and go but after it was going it got boring after a while.

right now my plans include a motor/turbo setup that can potentially give me 500-550hp but im overbuilding and undertuning for reliability reasons so i plan to keep it around the 400-450 mark. which should b plenty for me to have some fun in the car. (at least for a while) thats my goal.

Mine will be running the stock turbo but around the 300 whp mark like it was before. I will say stock turbo power was fun but it's power fell off in the upper RPM so when I upgrade turbos I'll be looking for a quick spooling turbo that can get me to the 370 or higher whp on a good safe tune.

I'm not really going for @ number goal I'm looking for a good drivable powerband when I select my turbo.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)

I'd be happy anywhere within 325-375 whp/wtq

Sorry for being a slow butt @HolyCrapItsFast lol swear once I'm back on my feet after my wedding is finished. Then we can continue finishing the tune lol...
anyone want to fly here(Seattle) to weld my wideband on rofl. I'm like 8mins from the airport :tard:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Don't you have any specialty muffler shops nearby? I took mine to a shop called "Jud's Best" and they only charged $20! :tup: [MENTION=3232]CSF707[/MENTION]

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm liking the 400 mark for sure... It is the most well rounded power goal for just about everything.

Don't you have any specialty muffler shops nearby? I took mine to a shop called "Jud's Best" and they only charged $20! :tup: @CSF707
$20 with the downpipe off the car right? lols me verses the stock downpipe were not friends when we tried for hours on @patgotasti ride :lol: granted we didnt have the 'right' tools that could have made it easier haha fun times

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I'd say anywhere between 375-475whp is perfect, depending of course on what you want to do with the car. The low end of that range with a fast spooling turbo is better for Auto-X type conditions, and the upper end better for time attack and road courses.

Mine will be running the stock turbo but around the 300 whp mark like it was before. I will say stock turbo power was fun but it's power fell off in the upper RPM so when I upgrade turbos I'll be looking for a quick spooling turbo that can get me to the 370 or higher whp on a good safe tune.

I'm not really going for @ number goal I'm looking for a good drivable powerband when I select my turbo.

A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at. (Bruce Lee)
Well my personal goals have changed to hit the 375-400 whp mark since I upgraded to a FP green HTZ and am 99 percent sure I'll be happy with that power goal. I'll just start investing in suspension, weight reduction and chassis stiffening from there on out after its up and running.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

For me like some others here I don't have a number I want to achieve for bragging rights. I just want my Subaru to be reliable and have a lower, middle and upper power band so I can run it for multiple different driving styles. So, we will see where she ultimately ends up and go from there.

For me like some others here I don't have a number I want to achieve for bragging rights. I just want my Subaru to be reliable and have a lower, middle and upper power band so I can run it for multiple different driving styles. So, we will see where she ultimately ends up and go from there.
I highly agree that it's all about drivability and reliability hence why I'm taking my own sweet time on getting my sti built the way I want it. The main goal of mine is to build it for reliability but also to have a nice power band.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
George said anything over 400-450 whp isn't as fun anymore nor really usable for everyday driving.

I think I'm right around 300 whp and 310-320 wtq. It's perfect! However, damn our human nature of striving for improvement! :angry: There always "a little more won't hurt!" :banghead:

Refer to the first post. My response is essentially the same!!! :rofl:

I am very content with the power my car makes. Since it has never been dynod, we will assume it's in the 290-300 WHP range. I do not crave any more power than my car already has... HOWEVER, a little more surely can't hurt... can it?! :tard:

So, what's the ideal horsepower for you?

300.5 at all four wheels