Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Ti exhaust carbon remover - found a miracle remover, bar keepers friend

1. Top Of Page | #1

Ti exhaust carbon remover - found a miracle remover, bar keepers friend

I've always hated how long it takes to clean my Q300 Ti tips. Usually just WD40 and a lot of elbow grease, got tired of that yesterday and ended up using bar keepers friend (some powder crap my wife always uses to clean stainless pots/pans, link here).

The shit works wonders. Rag + water + some of this stuff (it's powder, so pre-wetting the rag seemed to be the best way to go) and I pulled more carbon of in one scrub around than I'd done in the previous hour. Pic below is from today (24hr after using the stuff), wanted to see if the residual would harm the Ti at all but looks like a water rinse after using it is all that's needed. Didn't take a "pre" pic, but they were damn near black.

I'm sure someone has done this before but figured I'd share, seriously hated cleaning the pipes but this will cut that down to like 20min now.

FYI... when wet the powder turns into oxalic acid so I'd highly suggest rubber gloves when you're applying it (my fingers were not super happy by the time I was done).

Enjoy!

2. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Ti exhaust carbon remover - found a miracle remover, bar keepers friend

Thanks for sharing friend. 😎

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Top Of Page | #3
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Damn, I wanted to see a before picture. They look brand new now!

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

5. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Barkeeper's Friend works ok on stainless though be careful not to use it on chromes.

7. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

Never tried barkeeper's. I use the Borla Exhaust Cleaner and Polish that I ordered online. They really work.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Can also use "Nevr Dull" I've had good luck with that in the past, but dont have much in the way of comparison as its all I've ever used!

Check out my journal here!