2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STi: 391 AWHP/ 364 AWTQ FP Green Turbo/24psi/93

Car's Name: Gipsy Danger

Dyno: MUSTANG DYNO
Tuner: COBB TUNING/ Calvin
Wheel HP: 391AWHP
Wheel TQ: 364AWTQ

Year/Model: 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

EMS: Stock STi w/ Cobb V3 AP
Short Block: 100mm Manely Turbo Tuff Pistons & Rods, Stock Crankshaft, Subaru 11mm Oil Pump
Heads: Stock Heads w/ Brian Crower Stage 2 and Supertech Springs
Turbo: Forced Performance Green HTZ
Intercooler: Grimmspeed TMIC
Injectors/Fuel: Cobb ID1000 & AEM 340lph Fuel Pump
Intake/Inlet: Cobb/Perrin
Headers/Up-pipe: Stock w/ Grimmspeed Cross Pipe, Tial 38mm Waste Gate
Downpipe: CNT Catless
CBE: SPT
Clutch: Comp Stage 3
Flywheel: Stock

Dyno.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I can't believe Subaru is still using an EJ257 in the year 20013!!! :tard:

Nice power! :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If you want more power, you need to get on a dynojet! :lol:

Isn't dynojet the dyno that reads higher than the others?

If you want more power, you need to get on a dynojet! :lol:

Isn't dynojet the dyno that reads higher than the others?

I don't know to be honest. Sad part is I have to drop the car back off because of an issue with the injector in cylinder 3. Which is the same issue I had when I got those damn injectors August of last year. Cobb is going to send the injectors off to see what is wrong.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hmmm... Keep us posted!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Hell yeah, those are great numbers for a Mustang Dyno! I'd be very curious to see what a Dynojet reads. They call them the Heart Breaker (Mustang) and Dream Maker (Dynojet) for a reason. :lol:

I have noticed that the intake temps are higher than what I am used to with this new grimmspeed intercooler. On the way to work this morning it was 78? outside and the intake temps were at around 115? cruising at 80 mph. I dropped my daughter off at daycare and when I came back out the intake temps were at 145? and only went down to 133? when going 40 mph. I think I might need to get that grimmspeed splitter.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Do you have the heatshield on your Cobb intake? If so, you should route a duct from the passenger fog light bezel to the intake! I have the stock duct that sits under the hood as well as the custom duct from the fog light bezel. I have pictures somewhere on the forum showing it. Water has never gotten to the filter because the duct curves straight up and I have driven through some intense shit.

I have the Cobb Turbo heat shield and I also have the down pipe wrapped. I do agree that I need to do some time of ducting to the air box outside of the stock unit. It may be time to heat wrap the headers and up pipe as well and maybe even an intercooler sprayer of some sorts.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh yeah, GV's don't get the awesome IC sprayer. :lol: I'm sure you can fab one up! Or get TMIC fans and have George made you a module! :tup:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Definitely wrap the header and up-pipe. That will make a very measurable difference.

I might have to ask George to do that after I entertain a few other ideas I have. Do you know of any aftermarket IC sprayers that are worth a shit?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I don't personally know of any aftermarket ones. I'm sure George does, though. Worse comes to worse, you could always buy a GD container or the Spec C larger container and route it yourself.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
speaking of IC sprayer. since im going FMIC is it worth re routing the sprayers to the new location or should i not even bother?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Meh...for any decent quality front mount, it probably won't make any measurable difference. I still plan to do it one day just for shits and giggles if I have literally nothing else to do, but I can't imagine it will help much. On a top mount though, it probably does make a measurable difference.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I would imagine the IC sprayer on a FMIC being close to usless. You don't have any heat soak to worry about.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
thats what i was thinking. i may do it anyway just cuz its even more useless where it is now lol

Yes!!! Working with George on tuning E-85. At 26 psi I ran against a new z06 and won by 1/2 a car. We ran them a few times for good measure. George and I are gunning for 29psi. I think I need him to tune 5th and 6th gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk