Turbo swap issue

Troszell

8fb6436f05399467bbd3c350f872ec61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troszell

So it fits!! So happy lol hardest part was putting turbo inlet tube back in, more pics when I get time

So it fits!! So happy lol hardest part was putting turbo inlet tube back in, more pics when I get time

That was he hardest part with putting my 20g in as well. It sits slightly to the passenger side a little more than the vf39

Troszell

Lol ok so it fits....kinda, new turbo not lining up with intake correctly, going to remove mounting bracket and modify to get the half inch clearance I will need. I will try take some pics as well. Dam bolt ins! lmao

Troszell

So ground the exhaust flange approx 3mm front one will work hard to reach though, ground the mounting bracket quite a bit to allow for flange width. Test fit went well now the hook up

Troszell

So I used the other small brace instead( found it after some searching) loose fitted everything shaved the flange on one exhaust bolt head as to not grind the housing any further. And now it's bolted in! Yay primed with 30 ml oil through a child medicine syringe and now the rest tomorrow

Troszell

They look good from afar lol no they decent, and a change from the silva. Would have done all 4 but water heater install in da house held me up today

Troszell

So I got the nerve to start the car last night, but the idle was horrid, wouldn't keep idling on its own, had me worried until I seen the two hoses I forgot (both intake, one manifold, one intake tube) put those on and we were good, once the turbo heated up and the liquid wrench burnt off took it for a lil run, no heating issues so didn't have to burp it. All in all it works well today I will go a lil further and see, makes the car sound a bit different, maybe I haven't had it running in so long, but time will tell, thx again to all

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Do you know how to log... It would be good if you could post one for us!

Troszell

So a lil issue again, the restrictor pill is gone from the boost line from the T connector longer end, is this its location or before the T connector? Also I believe it's an .043 sizing? If so I have .045 welding electrode tips I can modify if .002 won't matter much as the turbo is said to flow 140 more cfm than the stocker? Any ideas fellow modifiers? Lemme know

Troszell

I could only make 11 psi of boost at very high rpm, could it be running the pre set on waste gate actuator? Or does a td0516g not use a restrictor pill?

Restrict or pill helps you build boost, not the other way around. My guess would be the waste gate actuator. ECU could be pulling boost as well due to knock. A log would tell more information [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] can tell you what parameters to log.