Turbo swap issue

Troszell

Today I went to swap out my turbo, long story short is, the turbo going on is an EVO-dsmlll TD05 16G with the Subaru flange, so now the fitting for oil/water inlets are a different diameter, So could there be a kit to swap this or do I need to source another EVO turbo for the fittings and
bolts? Lemme know thx

Might be able to get away with using a different size banjo bolt to an adaptor. What size are the feed lines for the oil feet hole and coolant feed holes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troszell

You got me there, I have no idea the size of banjo bolt I need all I know as of now is the oem Subaru ones are all too small for the correlating holes. As well the drain tube outlet seems oval not flat as on oem turbo so that needs some looking at as well.

Troszell

I assume the bolts needed are oem to Mitsubishi turbos I am hoping I can source a wrecked turbo somewhere or an adapter kit would be nice, dam install was going good too, I posted some of this on the other thread in noob area under oil consumption, thx for reply

Troszell

Found this kit listing these sizes M10x1.5 oil feed bolt, 38 mm drain pipe, M14x1.5 water cooling, does this sound about right? Lemme know when you can

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think that is right... I believe you are correct in sourcing parts specific to mitsubishi

Troszell

Been digging on the net I figure I still need a kit due to the oil feed line set up as it is stock. I will try find the parts don't like seeing my ride sit when it should be going, thx.

Forgot to ask do you already have the coolant pipes for this turbo or not? Sorry for later response family kept me busy yesterday.

Troszell

No I didn't think to get any when I bought the turbo about three years ago, I have a company that builds pneumatic equipment going to build me a set of lines possibly, they have the bolts but may need to modify the stock coolant feed and return lines to work

[MENTION=5898]Troszell[/MENTION] check these out.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-807691ERL/

You should be able to take two of these setups and get some -6 an hose line and make it work. I would recommend stainless braid hose house to help with some of the heat in that area.

As far as the oil feed line goes you can use something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/262345...7290-0%26rvr_id%3D1049606674864&ul_noapp=true

And this to make the oil feed line work

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/pa...ittings/blc-oilsti-blouch-turbo-oil-feed-line

Troszell

So a place in Regina, SK called AIRTECH is going to fabricate me a set of lines in a day or two, saves me 2 weeks waiting on customs and mail. And approx same cost, thx to the guys at Odd Man Out Performance in Regina, SK as well for pointing me to a place that could help, thx

Troszell

Those pics raven32 posted are what that shop is using except a shorter oil feed steel braided line and re- using the factory piping by cutting and brazing the new banjo bung and old pipe, so should be close to factory, thx to all on this site as well your all a big help

Troszell

So that's my new fittings, checked clearances and found none, so great speedy work at airtech in Regina, SK. I was wrong in sizing top oil feed banjo, it's actually an M12x1.25, a hard one to get up here apparently, so that's why the extra plumbing was needed, or wait again on shipping lol, I chose this method, everything lines up like stock, couldn't be happier. Thx to all that replied

The water line banjo from a vf39 should fit the oil line on the Dons 16g, at least it did when I test fitted the other day. Anyways looks awesome. Best of luck on getting it all going.

Troszell

So I had to do some fabrication work on the waste gate mount bracket(wrong angle), a little on the oil drain flange as well, but finally turbo is ready to prime and install, finished with the intake tube and now to re-assemble, daughters ball tourney this weekend killed that plan but next week will have to be soon enough i will post up more pics when I get time