07 sti with 05 sti tgv, fuel rails, and injectors work fine with stock ECU tune?

This is a weired question since most people don't want side feed injectors you never hear about people converting top feed systems to a side feed system.

Here's the scenario I can come up on a set of tgv housings, fuel rails and ID 1000's if I have a set of stock components that work with the 07sti ECU.

I have stock 05 sti top feed TGV housings, rails, and injectors that I want to trade for the side feed components but want to make sure the guy won't have any issues with stock tune on the side feed since the ECU originally had top feed system.

Any help with the tuning info would be appreciated and sorry George I'm tagging you since I think you might know the answer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Interested to hear a professional's answer!

Does anybody have any input on this? I know that 05 sti side feeds are about 20-30 cfm lower then top feed sti but I figure the ECU might be able to self correct thru metering of system. Pretty much he's got the larger injectors and will need to replace them anyways so I'm thinking the side feed might work for him. Also both are high independence injectors so I'm thinking ECU should play nice.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Sorry I don't get notifications when I am tagged.

It should be a simple adjustment to injector scale and latency for the injectors being used. Cobb or OpenSource?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
This is a weired question since most people don't want side feed injectors you never hear about people converting top feed systems to a side feed system.

Here's the scenario I can come up on a set of tgv housings, fuel rails and ID 1000's if I have a set of stock components that work with the 07sti ECU.

I have stock 05 sti top feed TGV housings, rails, and injectors that I want to trade for the side feed components but want to make sure the guy won't have any issues with stock tune on the side feed since the ECU originally had top feed system.

Any help with the tuning info would be appreciated and sorry George I'm tagging you since I think you might know the answer.

I'm a little bit confused by this... Stock 05 injectors are side feed injectors. :tup:

I'm a little bit confused by this... Stock 05 injectors are side feed injectors. :tup:
Lol yes I made a mistake I wanted to trade my stick side feed components for his top feed components but realize it's more if a headache e to deal with the trade then what it's worth since it's not my car.

SudoSTI

Well you already got the top feed rails and housings from me so all you really need are the injectors. Why don't you ask in the local club if anyone has a spare set of stock blue or pink STI top feed injectors you could pick up for cheap and just swap the injectors? 06+ WRX injectors should work as well IIRC. As long as he used the adapter pigtails for the ID1000s we could swap those injectors in about 20 minutes.

Well you already got the top feed rails and housings from me so all you really need are the injectors. Why don't you ask in the local club if anyone has a spare set of stock blue or pink STI top feed injectors you could pick up for cheap and just swap the injectors? 06+ WRX injectors should work as well IIRC. As long as he used the adapter pigtails for the ID1000s we could swap those injectors in about 20 minutes.
Yep I already have a set of id1000 I bought from defined performance but was just trying to come up on a spare set so when I do my mid engine STI corvair swap in the future ROFL