Power Curve, Tune Manipulated?

SudoSTI

Running the E85 should bring your spool back closer to pump gas with stock cam levels, but the potential for more power and torque everywhere is there when running E85 as well. As long as E85 isn't too big of a pain in your location I think it would be worth it. I only have one local E85 pump but it is right next to my house and I'm running a hybrid (2.0 heads on 2.5 block) which depending on how they are assembled can be prone to detonation so it was worth it to me. But I am also running the Carberry speed density rom and can use full flex fuel so that is in the plans for the near future so I don't have to worry about getting a bunk winter blend that's only 60% ethanol. If you're running an Accessport then you could get a flex fuel kit for your setup as well.

Running the E85 should bring your spool back closer to pump gas with stock cam levels, but the potential for more power and torque everywhere is there when running E85 as well. As long as E85 isn't too big of a pain in your location I think it would be worth it. I only have one local E85 pump but it is right next to my house and I'm running a hybrid (2.0 heads on 2.5 block) which depending on how they are assembled can be prone to detonation so it was worth it to me. But I am also running the Carberry speed density rom and can use full flex fuel so that is in the plans for the near future so I don't have to worry about getting a bunk winter blend that's only 60% ethanol. If you're running an Accessport then you could get a flex fuel kit for your setup as well.

I have e-85 pumps everywhere but every time I test it I get E-70. I sold the flex fuel kit I just bought to pay for the rails and FPR.

Does Waste-gate Duty have anything to do with not getting in to full boost sooner? The reason I ask is if I get into it at 4000 rpm the duty cycle goes strait to 57.65 until I hit around 5000 rpm then jumps to 58.43 until I hit 5500 rpm then it maxes out at 62.35 around 6000 rpm

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
WGDC absolutely affects how fast you reach full boost; but as far as the specific values go, [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] would have a much better idea than me.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It is probable the most important variant when making boost in that it helps to overcome other variables and there are other contributing factors. The turbo itself it the first thing that determines boost response. Then the exhaust in and out. Then the environment (Has profound effects on turbo response). Then the tuner.

I just want to rule out the tune being the culprit of the power coming on so late. Calvin I think tuned the car thinking that all I do is track the beast and keep the revs up. But because of the build cost I wont be doing that anytime soon. What can I look at to determine if the tune is or isn't the issue with the power coming on so late? Sorry to ask so many potentially stupid questions.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I don't think any of these questions are stupid. In fact, many are highly complicated unless you have in depth, practical experience with tuning. I'd imagine that a modification to the tune could help---but not entirely remedy---this issue.

On the bright side, the car probably sounds like a monster with those cams.

I don't think any of these questions are stupid. In fact, many are highly complicated unless you have in depth, practical experience with tuning. I'd imagine that a modification to the tune could help---but not entirely remedy---this issue.

On the bright side, the car probably sounds like a monster with those cams.

It does sound good and feels good after she comes into power that is for sure

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If this were any other forum, this thread would be a shit show by now. :lol: I think we're all learning new things here! :tup: