Here is a challenge to anyone with some Fiber skills.

LapisSTI

Alright so Subispeed showed the new PROVA triple gauge hood for the newer gen +15 Subaru's. And I literally just started vomiting everywhere.....

triple_guages_prova2.jpg

A. Has anyone adventured in to the dash at all to know about how much work it is to remove the factory gauge/display in the dash for the STI?

B. I will challenge that person willing to abuse my car or another as a mule to make a dash mounted replacement pod with less profile in the same location with either EBC/PLASTIC or Carbon with a good amount of money for supplies.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I don't think that looks too terrible, but to each their own. For what it's worth, the ATI Triple Gauge Clock Pod is pretty popular. I have one myself actually.

Getting to the factory gauge cluster out of the dash is super easy. It's just a few screws and a little bit of patience.

A word of caution... As an automotive electronics electromagnetic compatibility test technician, I must warn everyone of ESD (electro-static discharge). Handle the gauge cluster carefully and try not to touch the cluster harness connector pins (after you remove the harness for the cluster). These units ARE designed to withstand ESD events, but that doesn't mean they will always come away unscathed. While removing the cluster, your ass is going to be moving around on those nice fabric seats, generating a few kilo-volts of static.

I'd hate to have you kill your cluster. THAT would be bad.

Don't get me wrong, the chances are slim, so don't freak out...but it could happen.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

Oh. Shit. Nevermind. :fuji:

Either way, the cluster should still be pretty simple to remove, and the ESD warning still stands. But as for the triple mount clock pod, I'll have to look around and see if ATI has one made for that model year group.

LapisSTI

2016-Subaru-WRX-STI-boost-gauge-1280x854.jpg

From the looks of the cluster assembly. You should be able to gut the display and the rest of the setup easily. Ideas?

I honestly utilized the cubby space for the gauge, though I only use one at the moment.

However, are you trying to delete the air control screen and warning lights as well? Or relocated with this low profile custom cluster your trying to get done?