Dunlop Sport Maxx RT

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
These are the OEM tires that came on the 2015 WRX wheels.

Just as good, if not better than the Direzza DZ101's I had!

235/45R17

• Max Load: 1609
  • Tread Depth: 10.00
  • Uninflated Overall Width: 8.00
  • Uninflated Overall Diameter: 25.40
  • Approved Rim Width: 7.5-9.0
  • Tire Revolutions Per Mile: 824

I paid $200 for a used set that had 900 miles on them. I think these are the best bang for the buck now and are replacing the traditional Potenza RE760, Dunlop Direzza, and the Bridgestone Comp-2!

@Batmobile_Engage

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Wow, you got a great deal! I still have a lot of tread life left on my RE760 Sports. I'll add these to my list to check out. Now that I don't drive the car as often, I'm more inclined to choose a really sticky tire that doesn't last as long.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Great info!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
800 miles later and these are the best summer tires I have had. :tup: You can find a really nice, used set for around $300. I got mine with 600 miles on them before they were taken off. There's one guy on Nasioc in NJ that's selling his set for $200 shipped. He says they have about 20,000 miles on them, but there is still a good amount of tread left.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
These tires are really good in the rain as well. I'm assuming the only time they aren't good is in the snow.

MUST BUY!!! :tard:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Chiming in on this thread as I put miles on my set.

Initial impressions:
- Good comfort, low noise, good looks, grip is being evaluated over the next few weeks.
- So far I would say 8/10, this may change up/down with grip testing.

For $225 for all 4 on the used market with ~200 miles on them, they are a 10/10 on value for sure.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Chiming in on this thread as I put miles on my set.

Initial impressions:
- Good comfort, low noise, good looks, grip is being evaluated over the next few weeks.
- So far I would say 8/10, this may change up/down with grip testing.

For $225 for all 4 on the used market with ~200 miles on them, they are a 10/10 on value for sure.

What PSI did you inflate your tires to?

Another perk these tires have is the outward extension of the sidewall to help protect your rims more so than other tires normally do. It's really difficult to tell from your picture in the Enkei TFR thread, but I just checked both of my sets on the stock 17" rims and the 18" RE's I have, and the rubber sidewall extends out pretty drastically over the rims' lips.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
What PSI did you inflate your tires to?

Another perk these tires have is the outward extension of the sidewall to help protect your rims more so than other tires normally do. It's really difficult to tell from your picture in the Enkei TFR thread, but I just checked both of my sets on the stock 17" rims and the 18" RE's I have, and the rubber sidewall extends out pretty drastically over the rims' lips.

I missed this post somehow.

I am running them at 32-33 psi all around. The sidewall does seem as though it would offer protection. Because I am the only driver of this car it is not really a concern.

I am enjoying the increased cornering performance of these tires. I really don't push my car that hard, but when I do hit some fun turns the grip is very nice.