New steering wheel

JoeSTI@17

I was thinking of buying a new steering wheel and i wasnt sure if i need to get a certain one or like a certain adapter for my car. (I have an 08 STI hatch) I was thinking of getting an NRG.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I don't know for sure, this is just my assumption from what I've seen over the years. You might need a hub and quick release mechanism. I've never looked into it, but when I saw steering wheels for sale on the forums, there was a hub and/or quick release that almost always was for sale alongside the wheel.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
the first question is do you want the steering wheel to come off? if so then you will need a hub adaptor (short hub is what is used most to make up the space difference for the quick release) then buy a quick release mechanism of your choice as [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] stated and buy a wheel of your choice. if you dont want the wheel to come off then you just need a hub adapter and MOST steering wheels will bolt right onto that. the bolt pattern of the wheel and the hub are almost always the same so you shouldnt have a problem.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
NRG makes good products for steering wheels, adapters and quick release mechanisms. i would recommend going onto their website and you can see all the options for quick release and wheels. the short hubs dont have options its just black and fits specific cars

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6001]JoeSTI@17[/MENTION] NRG makes good stuff and we can help you with that. We deal direct with them and can get you anything they have. They are a ton of colors a different style steering wheels to choose from. Check out our website for their products also. Got some quick releases also in many different designs and colors.

Hulakatt

BTW, the hub adapters are car specific. You will need a hub adapter for your make/model car. Most aftermarket wheels use the same patterns to connect to hub adapters.