AP help.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Does putting the part numbers in google give you any results?
What brand are the pumps?

Nothing. They are both unisia jecs, both OEM, both have the a42h24 number, but the rest are different. I found the thread on the OEM flows. The only one that causes concern are the 02-05 wrx. It is 130lph where my factory is 145lph. Also, it wouldnt be a big deal, but, he owns an 02 wrx and an 07 sti. The sti was rolled recently and had an aftermarket pump, the wrx is still around, but it to has an aftermarket pump. He can't remember what car it came out of.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Well, my pump is still in it. Meh. On another note, quite a few people are convinced that it's the maf. Question is what's a good way to actually test it?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Swap it out with a known good one. If you know someone with an STi ask to let you try theirs to test your problem.

I would have to see another log after all this but I am not convinced that the maf is bad. It could be dirty though and it might help to clean it with brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner

Well, we swapped it with a brand new maf from a buddies 2005 wrx. Ran a whole lot better. No hiccups, no hesitation in boost. It was like a completely different car. That said, new maf is on the way from Autozone. We'll see what happens!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well, we swapped it with a brand new maf from a buddies 2005 wrx. Ran a whole lot better. No hiccups, no hesitation in boost. It was like a completely different car. That said, new maf is on the way from Autozone. We'll see what happens!

Hallelujah!

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

[MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] Do you think Radu's issue might be the MAF as well?

Well, that was short lived. It started again today. Checked maf voltages, all is well. Got to thinking, when diagnosing the misfire, I replaced one injector, figured I'd pull it to swap back to the old as it wasn't the issue. It was a coil. That said, when I got it out, the lower thick gasket/ring was torn. I'll verify any change tomorrow, I put the dw orings on it from the new set of deatschwerks I have. Hopefully it works.

Speaking of which, anyone have a denso injector laying around? It's the blue ones, stock. The number on the side of the injector is el2ca.

Son of a bitch. It did it. It pulls hard as hell, not a single stutter and it's now at 10.8 wot. You have got to be kidding me. Ugh. All this work because I forgot I replaced that one damn injector. Ugh. Wtf.

I guess it means either a- that is a faulty injector b- the gasket was the issue or c- it's the wrong injector. Either way, it fixed the issue.

I guess it means either a- that is a faulty injector b- the gasket was the issue or c- it's the wrong injector. Either way, it fixed the issue.

Some times it our own fault for why things don't work. Glad you figured out the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some times it our own fault for why things don't work. Glad you figured out the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. I still don't get it. I'm thinking it's the wrong injector. Also, why didn't I get a cel for rich or even misfire.

Yeah. I still don't get it. I'm thinking it's the wrong injector. Also, why didn't I get a cel for rich or even misfire.

because the reading is based on all 4 cyl's at once so i am guessing that it can not detect the difference between 1 injector out of the 4 since it only has one 02 Sensor upstream. additionally, the tune you have might have enough wiggle room to keep it from misfiring and causing the ecu to through a CEL.