2005 Saabaru 9-2X Linear 2.5L SOHC

heres the story, guy was passing thru town and he started to hear the engine knocking. so then he pulls in to Kia dealership and trades it in for newer car. owner for dealership takes it to Mechanic I use, not sure why his mechanics couldn't figure it out. but I happen to have my prelude in his shop for suspension issues, when I went back the saabaru was gone so asked him about said the car was great inside and out just dirty and the owner was asking $500 for car with wheels Brand new Michelin or $200 without the wheels. so I get it with wheels cause Mechanic has worked on my 04 STI and he knows I have an EJ 257 Motor sitting at home for previous engine swap. but EJ257 internal parts are different than an EJ253. I am not tryingredients any thing fancy just straight rebuild to use aa my daily driver of 170 miles per day. just need it put back together, problem is trying to order rod and main bearings I don't know which ones to order. I have ordered two main bearing sets, standard which is .010 = .25 and .020 = .50 and these are to small. I don't know the actual size I need. here are the original parts if any one can help me I would greatly appreciate it.View attachment 7358 main bearing, View attachment 7359 main bearings and View attachment 7360 rod bearings. I really need to find the correct sizes to get this hatch running daily on the 04 STi is crazy 170 miles daily, need a second car. help please need the right bearings

The pictures you posted are not working for me. In any case, to properly spec the bearings you need to know the exact dimensions of the journal pins on the crank. Do you have a set of calipers to measure the pins on your crank?

Has the crank been re-machined from factory specs or are you simply re-using an existing crank that is in good shape? If re-using a crank that has not been re-machined, you can simply use stock OEM spec bearings but you should still verify the journal diameters with a set of calipers.

Here is stock info on clearances and journal sizes...

Connecting Rod oil clearance: .0007 - .0018 in
Crank Pin dia (rod journal): 51.984 - 52.0 mm

Main Bearing oil clearance number 1: .00012 - .0012 in
Main Bearing oil clearance number 2: .0004 - .0012 in
Main Bearing oil clearance number 3: .00012 - .0012 in
Main Bearing oil clearance number 4: .0004 - .0012 in
Main Bearing oil clearance number 5: .0004 - .0012 in
Crank Main Journal dia: 59.992 - 60.008 mm

I am re-using a good crank, can I pm you the pics and maybe you can let me know which bearings to order by the serial numbers on the bearings. I have researched but can't find the right bearings.Screenshot_20161019-203115.jpg Screenshot_20161019-203043.jpg Screenshot_20161019-203009.jpg

If you are using a known good un-molested crank then just buy OEM STD size bearings. Just so I am clear these are for the EJ257 correct? If so then bearings for an 04 to 06 STi will do it.