Issues with my 09 STi

So, my car has been having issues for the past couple of months. I have a boost leak somewhere. George says it's before the turbo. Alin made me re-tighten the turbo inlet onto the turbo because he said it wasn't seated on correctly. I'm going to name the things that have been replaced in order to ensure we can perform the boost leak test correctly and successfully.

-replaced the PCV valve with a brand new OEM one
-Grimmspeed EBCS
-silicone intakes vacuum lines
-Ebay silicone turbo inlet
-zip tied all lines
-steel clamped all hoses

Today, I performed another boost leak test and the car would not hold ANY boost. I had all of the correct lines blocked off, the oil cap off, and so on. The air would go in through the inlet and straight out the engine oil fill tube. If I covered the fill tube, the car would hold about 5 psi since that's all I went up to. What is my issue here?

George, we are going to take another log for you shortly and check if anything changed at all. Tomorrow, I have the opportunity to do another boost leak test. Someone please tell me what my issue could be here.

[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] [MENTION=3416]WRB_STi[/MENTION] [MENTION=6025]SDMotorworks[/MENTION] [MENTION=5388]Raven32[/MENTION] [MENTION=2822]Doppelganger[/MENTION] [MENTION=600]black bandit[/MENTION] [MENTION=1868]Boogieman98[/MENTION] [MENTION=652]Grinder34[/MENTION] [MENTION=1507]Spamby[/MENTION]

Sounds like it's getting into the engine some where. Try removing the tmic and do a leek test from the throttle body. If it's good then put back on tmic and do it from the inter cooler inlet, then from turbo then from snorkel. Basically start at the engine and work your way back. It's a bit of work but that trouble shooting for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info and I would like to add that when the vehicle engine speed passes 3k rpm afr correction maxes out at 25%

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
When did this start?

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
@Radro first I would never use any parts off ebay on car, no matter what they are. Always you good quality parts, also the AFR is maxing out is it 25% or -25%?

What does your fuel trims look like at idle?

Post pics of engine bay also, that may help.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
AFR is maxing out at positive 25% when he car passes 3k RPM.

We hooked up the EBCS lines correctly the first time around. Since then, we probably checked those lines at least 6 or 7 times and they are properly hooked up.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Make sure that eBay silicone turbo inlet is seated correctly. eBay parts scare us [MENTION=4896]Radro[/MENTION]. :shock:

Ya I know ebay parts are not the best ,but it is a silicone pipe and alin has one on his wrx sti and has not had any issues with his.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Clamp the hose that comes off of the inlet and goes to the PCV. I have been doing some looking into the PCV system flow routing and this line leads directly to the crank case.

Yes I had you replace the PCV valve for nothing. I will pay you for your time if I have to.

ShamxSTI

Hi this sounds like a mixed connection one EBC to wastegate/turbo or intake related issue

Try checking all connections to and from there as i had same issue with mine

I also tried 1 step colder ngk iridiums and a contact cleaner on MAF & MAP sensors

Along with new DV gasket (common leaks)

Also once checked and cleaned follow the

Sti adaptation processes

Items needed
(use stop watch or timer on your mobile)
And 8-10mm spanner for battery connection

This is to reset ecu once servicing item(s) listed above

Usually a cold start before leaving battery disconnected for 30mins then reconnected leave ignition on to prime pump for 30secs

Start car for 5 mins with no power or auxiliary on (all items must be switched off during this procedure)
Keep lights climate control off as any current dip will not set ecu.

After 5 mins of idle
Swith engine off for 30secs
Then switch ignition on

wait for 30 secs and then
Leave running for 10mins with no gas etc
( leave engine running again with all auxiliaries & radio lights off)

and then swtich off and leave for a futher 30secs then switch ignition on for final time for 30secs and start and test drive.

Hope its sorted mate

Its going to breath better once all calibration is completed successfully.