2015 STI roll cage

fuktup709

hey all, I'm going to be doing some rally events this summer and would like to install a roll cage for some additional security and peace of mind. Just wondering if anyone on here has installed one in there '15 sti. or if anyone knows of any blue prints for them so I could have some reference material before heading to a fabrication shop.
Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

fuktup709

Update on this post, after doing some digging around I found two sites that offer a selection of bolt in or weld in kits. One company is from the UK and is fairly pricey, but I have people that I spoke to locally who gave them a great review and said they fit perfectly when they arrive. that same company also uses t45 which is stronger and weighs less then your average roll cage.

The other company I found is a cheaper alternative in the US called auto power. online they have good reviews but I haven't spoke to anyone locally whos installed one so i can't say much on there fitment upon arrival.
Personally i think the custom cages might be a better choice, but they have a hefty price tag once you convert from pounds and then account for shipping over seas.

I have to crunch some numbers within my budget before I decide which cage i'll be purchasing. I'll keep up on updates when i decide which one, i'll also be doing a review of the product when it arrives and is installed.

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6096]fuktup709[/MENTION] Let me know if you want to go with the Auto Power, we deal direct with those guys and our customers seem to really like their cages.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
No direct help on the question, just some advice

Don't skimp on a roll cage. You're getting it to help save your life. While we ALL hope the roll cage just looks pretty and is never actually needed, if it IS needed, you want to make sure it does its job well. In that regard, I would steer away from getting anything just because its cheaper. I checked out the Autopower site, and only the last one is SCCA-approved. Is that the one you're considering? While lesser kits may save your life, if the SCCA doesn't think they're safe enough why should you?

I'm all for cost-saving measures where prudent, but things like brakes and roll cages are one where I would definitely spend the extra money. Have you gotten a quote from a local shop to have the fab done?

fuktup709

The one I was considering from autopower was the scca approved one, I agree with the fact of not cheaping out on something as important as a cage. That's what I was hoping to get a bit more info on the model from autopower. If it is safe enough I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks haha
I have been in touch with a local welder / fabricator that has installed multiple cages for vehicles entering in targa here in newfoundland. He had quoted me at 500-600$ if I take the time to strip out the backseat and interior myself.