IGOTASTI meet in spring of 2017?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Can we get one going, please? [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION]

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Location?

?Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I could care less! :fuji:

Somewhere where the location is about an even drive for everyone that wants to attend. I doubt any west coasters would come, so it would have to be people in the midwest to the east coast. I'll drive wherever, so it doesn't matter to me. The farther away from me, the better! :lol:
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] Where would you think is a good idea?

We could always have it at [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] 's hood! :rofl:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I would think Detroit, Cleveland or Pittsburgh. Those would probably get the most members. I'd have to look at the map again, but maybe even Chicago. One thing about having it in Detroit is that it's relatively easy for our Canadian members to attend.

Maybe you should have it at my place. That way, my car might actually get fixed.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Definitely not Cleveland!!! :banghead:

lol California, Always sunny out this way lol...

Honestly though could always piggyback off another larger event and possibly get some new members as well.

You all know you want to come to the homeland of the Subarus, Seattle :p

I'd take my subie to Cali as that's where I'm from but I'm not tuned to their horrid gas :tard:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
We could always organize regional IGOTASTI meets if there is enough interest.

Looks like I will be loading up the RV and putting the car on a trailer and making a trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone still want to try a meet at some point this spring/summer? I'm open to offer our pad as a potential spot. We have a pretty big house in the country on a couple acres, and it's riverside also (Tippecanoe river) so Kayaking/canoeing is fun here too. Plenty of room for campers/tents or whatever if anyone wanted to stay overnight. Just an offer on the table, I think it would be cool to get a meet organized.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I've been trying for years, but it hasn't happened yet. I've met a handful of members in person just by going to go visit them on my own. You'll be one of them soon enough. :tup:

We'll see what happens this year. :tard:

I would love to do that. Tippecanoe IN is only 13 hours one way. I'll have to bring my RV with the subie in Tow.

I organize events for my local Subaru group here in Nebraska and the only thing keeping our group from having more events is a lack of people who actually take the initiative to set one up. I'm a firm believer that "If you host it, they will come."

Regardless of the location (although Batmobile brought up good suggestions based on concentrated member locations) the main hurdle is actually getting it planned. Once you've got a date and location set, it's just a matter of getting the word out and rounding everyone up. Don't just go off IGOTASTI membership, though. This event could be used as a way to grow this forum, as there are STI owners everywhere.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION] Are we going to get one going this year?

@Boogieman98 Bring it on over, I even have hookups for your RV!! Or a campground or fairgrounds somewhere around here or maybe further south closer towards you, heck I don't know but I'd love to help get a meet organized.
@Reverend You are right, I've done this before with the old VW clubs I was in, hosting an impromptu camp-out, was lots of fun. I just put it in our club newsletter with the dates and people showed up, had a great time.

Maybe we can look at a state park or campground or something? I'm assuming some folks will need to stay overnight or possibly longer due to driving distances, etc? My place is cool too and I'm happy to host it, whatever the majority is comfortable with doing.

@Boogieman98 Bring it on over, I even have hookups for your RV!! Or a campground or fairgrounds somewhere around here or maybe further south closer towards you, heck I don't know but I'd love to help get a meet organized.
@Reverend You are right, I've done this before with the old VW clubs I was in, hosting an impromptu camp-out, was lots of fun. I just put it in our club newsletter with the dates and people showed up, had a great time.

Maybe we can look at a state park or campground or something? I'm assuming some folks will need to stay overnight or possibly longer due to driving distances, etc? My place is cool too and I'm happy to host it, whatever the majority is comfortable with doing.

I would love to do this just need ample time to plan