Problem with the Trim Error Tool??

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
tuningwtf_zps3ljpgi0g.png

Why is the damn "GO" button a picture? It doesn't compile my results.... Is there an extra step involved or is my Trim Error Tool broken?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I downloaded the newest Trim Error Tool from 11/5/16 and it's still doing the same thing. Do I have to enable something in the settings?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Open Office isn't working either....

tuningwtf2_zpsfbmclb1o.png

Did you enable macros inside your excel. By default that's turned off. Although I have not used the trim error tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Did you enable macros inside your excel. By default that's turned off. Although I have not used the trim error tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d469af60da54af083c552db995e2ed5c.jpg

This is all I see. I didn't mess with any settings.

You have to go into your security settings and allow macros. They won't show up if you do not allow that content.

I believe you have to go to the "File" tab and click "Options"
Then click "Trust Center" and click on the "Trust Center Settings" button.
Then select "Marco Settings" and click radio button "Enable all macros" and select "Trust access to VBA project object model"

Also the file extension is .xlsx... It looks like you saved the file without the macros enabled which would effectively delete them in the new file. Start with the original .xls that I sent you.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Thank you. I'll take a look at those settings today as I haven't had a chance yet. So close yet so far away!!!! :angry: :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
testwtf3_zpsyszlgjww.png

Yup, yup, yup... Works now. :ty:

pcwhockey18

Not sure if anyone knows where I can get a copy of the trimerrorstool.xls but have been looking for a couple days now and cannot find it anywhere. Thanks in advance for any help!

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
[MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] [MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION]

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'll create a new link in the morning :tup:

Edit, 10/24/2018, 21:48: Can't find the original file. I have to wait till tomorrow when I get into work.

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
here ya go...

Attachments

• TrimErrorTool_4.0.xls
    219.5 KB · Views: 242