Dccd and diff issue

RckSti

Not used to posting.
But I searched extensively and I came up with nothing.
1. I though the clutch was slipping.
2. Long story short. My 2012 sti WILL NOT move in "auto" mode on my si-drive.
Only when it's in almost full lock.
For a week or so Ive noticed when making tight turns ( into parking spots mostly) that the car was jerky like the diff was not acting "diffy"
Than a good pop/jerk then the next day the issues happen

When is auto the car acts like he clutch is completely gone. Stay in 1st gear AT idle and car doesn't stall. so weird.

Sorry for the long post.
Thanks for responding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
When is the last time you changed your fluids?

@RckSti

Car doesn't even have 24k on in. So never

@RckSti Sounds like a warranty issue. and seeing as its a 2012 and only 24K on the ticker, I would take it to the stealer ship. If you have MODs to the car remove them before taking it to the stealership.

Found this source: http://www.subaru.com/owners/vehicle-warranty/warranties-2012.html

Powertrain Limited Warranty

POWERTRAIN COVERAGE for all models is 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. Subject to the exclusions listed in this warranty, it covers the major powertrain components listed below.[2]

Powertrain Coverage Components

Engine
Engine block and all internal parts
Cylinder heads and valve trains
Oil pump, oil pan
Timing belts or gears and cover
Water pump
Flywheel
Intake and exhaust manifolds
Oil seals and gaskets

Transaxle and Differential

Transaxle case and internal parts
Torque converter
Electronic transmission control unit
Seals and gaskets
Axle shafts and constant velocity joints [except boots][3]
Propeller shaft
Wheel bearings

RckSti

@RckSti Sounds like a warranty issue. and seeing as its a 2012 and only 24K on the ticker, I would take it to the stealer ship. If you have MODs to the car remove them before taking it to the stealership.

Found this source: http://www.subaru.com/owners/vehicle-warranty/warranties-2012.html

Powertrain Limited Warranty

POWERTRAIN COVERAGE for all models is 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. Subject to the exclusions listed in this warranty, it covers the major powertrain components listed below.[2]

Powertrain Coverage Components

Engine
Engine block and all internal parts
Cylinder heads and valve trains
Oil pump, oil pan
Timing belts or gears and cover
Water pump
Flywheel
Intake and exhaust manifolds
Oil seals and gaskets

Transaxle and Differential

Transaxle case and internal parts
Torque converter
Electronic transmission control unit
Seals and gaskets
Axle shafts and constant velocity joints [except boots][3]
Propeller shaft
Wheel bearings

Dropping it off Friday. First chance they gave me. It feels like a diff.

if you have to drive it, no boosting or getting on it till this is identified. if it is a diff issue it could cause some serious damage to the vehicle if not brought in asap. Please check back in with us and let us know what you find.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What an insane issue! Keep us posted!

RckSti

Thanks guys. You're tell me. I tried to go not to far before and on the highway. The car acted like it was totally dead. It was in gear like 4th say and engine rpm was at idle until I slowed down then the car "caught itself"

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That's so bizarre. I've never heard of these symptoms before...
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] Have you???

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
^ I sure have...

Unfortunately, that sounds like a $3,600 DCCD overhaul/replacement is in your future. :sorry:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy shit, you're kidding!!!!!!! What causes this?!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I wish I were kidding. Many years ago, before I knew much of anything about Subarus, I had a very similar issue with mine. Every DCCD position acted as if the DCCD was in LOCK mode. Full open (bottom green indicator) was the only one that kinda worked okay and even that was intermittent. Not long after starting the car and attempting to get out of my parking lot, the grinding and popping would occur, tires would skip/jump when taking slow speed tight turns. The DCCD was stuck in LOCK so to speak and could not adjust itself automatically or manually via driver control.

I might have spent some time investigating this more thoroughly, but I was about to deploy overseas for 7 months and then have to transfer to a new duty station 3,300 miles away after returning from deployment. So I ended up biting the bullet and took it to Kearney Mesa Subaru (San Diego area). They ended up having to replace the DCCD to the tune of $3,600. I probably got screwed, but I didn't have any other choice at the time.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wtf?!?! Your car has low mileage now, let alone back then. Any idea what causes this?!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Wtf?!?! Your car has low mileage now, let alone back then. Any idea what causes this?!

It had 28-32k on it when that happened. I'm assuming previous owner fuckery was to blame; i.e. driving around in LOCK, pretending to be Ken Block, hard launches, "do a burnout", shit like that. Impossible to know for sure.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn, well your situation back then, and now this one: sucks! :tdown:

I would take it in and let the dealership decide that one. If you haven't put any major wear on it they should cover it.

RckSti

I would take it in and let the dealership decide that one. If you haven't put any major wear on it they should cover it.

Maybe put 10k on it in the passed 16 months