Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Issue with paint

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Issue with paint

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my paint. I attached a pictured, but its hard to really get a picture that shows it well. I just noticed it after I washed my car yesterday. Nothing, that I have seen, has been on the car other than the salt and crap from the road. I tried to polish it off with my Porter Cable buffer with Wolfgang swirl remover, it had 0 affect on it. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe a detailer with a stronger machine/polish could remove it? Or my clear coat is damaged? I know its hard to tell from the picture, but if anyone could give some suggestions. Should of got the clear wrap put on when I bought it!! Does any one know any good detail/body shop in North East PA?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Issue with paint

I couldn't even imagine what would cause that. Have you brought it to a detailer yet. They may be able to help.

My journal

Tuning & Service: Self Tuned
    Machining services: Bob @ Ace Crankshaft, Bayshore NY, Ralph @ Chudnow Manufacturing

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I can not imaging either. I live in a very quiet area, don't have to worry about people messing with it. I wash all the salt and crap from the roads off at least once a week. I just noticed it yesterday after I washed it, and tried the buffer today. I am going to try to find a good detailer around me to take a look. I was going to call the dealer too, I know its a long shot but maybe they will do something.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I took it to the detailer he had no idea what it was. He said it was super hard, not like an adhesive or tree sap. He had to wet sand it to get it off, but it looks good as new now! Well, except for the rock chips

5. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

If the rock chips are not too big, you can just use touch up paint.

7. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The biggest one is ~3/32". I have Dr.Colorchip touch up paint. Plan on doing it when it warms up. I had the Dr. Colorchip kit for my last car and it worked great.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I can't even see the picture, so small. Maybe @DetailersDomain could chime in to what tools you may need.
    I can only think of a heavy cut pad and Chemical Guys V32 extreme compound or equivalent that might help.

I had my test run on someone else car to see what I can do to cover their accident up.
    I used a TORQ 10FX with medium cut pad and various polishes from Chemical guys & Meguiars for these deep scratches. Looked worse in person

Prepped the area that I was working on and used a claybar.

Marked off with tape

And presto! Best I could do after 30mins of elbow grease. It really did take a long while to get em out, specially near the wheelwell.

| EVGA Z68 FTW | EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC 3GB | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW | Custom EK Water Loop | Red Harbinger Cross Desk | i7 2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.24v | Corsair 16GB Vengeance | Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD |
    | Corsair AX850 | Lamptron FC5V3 | ASUS VE278 27"
    | Creative Inspire T6160 5.1 & X-Fi Fatal1ty 7.1 Champ | Razer Marauder & Spectre & Tiamat 7.1 | Affiliate Code: 3MHCIBME48 |