05 STi new setup IAG stage 2 & gtx3076r

jsbrown923

So long story short, I purchased my first STi a couple weeks ago (05 metallic grey 44k miles). It has the following mods:
- ATP gt30r .63 rotated kit
- Turbo port matched with down pipe, down pipe wrapped and sprayed with dei paint
- Precision fmic custom piping*
- Tial 38 mm wastegate
- HKS carbon ti exhaust
- Dual HKS bov
- Dual Moroso catch cans
- Apexi turbo timer
- AEM wideband, defi boost, pyro, oil temp with controller
- Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
- Id1000 injectors*
- Perrin fuel rails
- AEM v2 standalone*
- Aeromotive fpr with oil gauge*
- Top feed tgv deletes w/ port matching
- Mishimoto Radiator hose
- Stage 1 phenolic spacers
- Mildly ported Built heads, stage 1 gsc cams with valve springs, retainers, lockers, guides
- Ferrea valves
- ARP headstuds
- Powder coated intake manifold - Port matched
- Beat rush pitch mount
- Tomei UEL Headers port matched and jet coated
- Heat wrapped harnesses and ac lines and p/s
- Killer b coolant reservoir and oil pickup
- ACT Stage 2 clutch
- ACT moderately lightened flywheel
- Tien coil overs ss
- STi front strut bar
- STi H brace
- Kart boy end links front and back
- HPS brake pads
- Varrstoens Es2 wheels
- Pro drive mudflaps*
- Weather tech floor mats*
- Aluminum shift ball
- Optima Red top battery
- Front lip, rear window lip, jdm rain guards
- Alcantera shift boot and ebrake boot titanium shift ball and short shifter
- Hella horns

Soooo Monday night the turbo took a shit due to leaks in the coolant & oil lines. So I decided to just build it the way I want.

My tuner/builder and I spoke about what to do and this is what we decided on. He said we could easily hit 450-475whp on 93 octane with the following set up in addition to the current mods on the car.

Will be adding:
- Grimmspeed EBCS
- IAG stage 2 block
- Garret gtx3076r turbo
- AEM 320lph fuel pump
- Killer B 4-1 holy head w/ up-pipe
- Kasey Harris tune, from Dyno Time Speedworks in Hickory, NC

I would like everyone's opinion on this setup and if there is anything additional I should add. Thanks guys & gals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a legit set up my only thing I would reconsider is the fuel system since you never know if you'll ever step over to the corn side. I'd probably prep it for corn fuel (meaning larger injectors fuel pump and appropriate fuel filters and screen) so if you ever go flex fuel you'll just have some lines to do and you'll be set to do e85 tune.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

jsbrown923

Sounds like a legit set up my only thing I would reconsider is the fuel system since you never know if you'll ever step over to the corn side. I'd probably prep it for corn fuel (meaning larger injectors fuel pump and appropriate fuel filters and screen) so if you ever go flex fuel you'll just have some lines to do and you'll be set to do e85 tune.

Would 1700cc injectors and 455lph fuel pump be sufficient for the corn world?

I have 1300cc injectors on what IAG would consider their stage 3 tuff build. We are maxing those out on e-85 with a base pressure of 40 psi on the regulator. I think we are in the 550whp range. The block per IAG is rated at 675bhp so we are close to that. I little over but close. I think your stage 2 IAG block would be fine with 1000cc just raise base fuel pressure to like 60psi. If not that then 1300cc like me

jsbrown923

I have 1300cc injectors on what IAG would consider their stage 3 tuff build. We are maxing those out on e-85 with a base pressure of 40 psi on the regulator. I think we are in the 550whp range. The block per IAG is rated at 675bhp so we are close to that. I little over but close. I think your stage 2 IAG block would be fine with 1000cc just raise base fuel pressure to like 60psi. If not that then 1300cc like me

Gotcha. Thanks for the input. I will most likely add the 1300cc while we are in there

Gotcha. Thanks for the input. I will most likely add the 1300cc while we are in there

Yeah I wish I had people give me correct advice when I started off in the Subaru scene but that was in 06 and info was pretty new back then