ABS: Delete In A Street Car?

SudoSTI

So my ABS is angry for some reason. Probably because I tapped into it for my MapDCCD speed sensor module. After recently struggling to find places for a fuel filter and FPR, I started looking into ways to clean up my engine bay. I came across the Chase Bays brake booster delete kit. Along with deleting the brake booster, it also requires deleting the ABS system. Since mine is already on the fritz I figured I may as well remove it. However, I'm wondering how rough/dangerous/liability it would be to do so. I know it will throw off my front/rear brake bias, but they offer an adjustable bias valve to correct this. It also would require aftermarket pads and rotors which I already have. They also use a different diameter MC so it isn't hard as a rock and actually keeps similar stock pedal feel. I've also heard the Subaru ABS is trash anyway and if you know how to properly modulate the brake pedal in a hard braking situation it isn't really much help. Sort of like a safety feature for people who don't know how to drive and their natural instinct is simply to slam on and hold down the brakes. I know this is advantageous and commonly performed on dedicated track cars, but I'm curious as to the possibility of running it on a street car. Also my car is a WRX so DCCD isn't dependent upon keeping ABS (I actually plan on getting an aftermarket MapDCCD controller for my six speed swap).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I would never remove it on a street car.
In any collision, it'll always be your fault if you have any lockup and hit someone.
My ABS wasn't working for a while, due to a wheel speed sensor, and I locked up all 4 wheels into a snowbank. My threshold breaking is very contextual, so when the black ice came out of nowhere, my instincts weren't to let up on the pedal like if i'd been at a track and ready for car feedback. If you've got rally racing in your blood, it might be different, but my brain hadn't registred "race mode" when I hit the ice.