VA Kenpo Sti's 2017 STi

KenpoSTi

Hey Everyone, I thought this would be a nice way to track progress. As slow as it may be lol. So far I have only done a few things to my 2017. I just purchased it the first week of June. I have had several cars before this.

My first sports car was a 2001 S2000 from there to name a few others 350Z convertible, 2010 Evolution X, and a 2014 WRX hatchback. The last 2 years I have been out of any sporty car, but missed it. I thought I had my heart set on a Dodge Charger Scat Pack. I always loved imports and got an excellent deal from Heuberger in Colorado Springs. So no Scat Pack and in with the STi :)

A nice dark pic of the night I bought it. The salesman Tom Kushnerick is also pictured! Great guy to deal with!

32aad6ff0751be3a0973269f3fefd648.jpg

KenpoSTi

1st full exterior detail using Garry Dean products. First step is the Ghost Rinseless wash. Then Clay bar with the Ghost solution. Next is the stripper. Following with an acrylic Pro coating. This has to be applied with a dual action buffer to help with the curing time. Last is a booster to fill in where there were any high spots.

aa87c763fcea71476de868bf426402f6.jpg
71af746e44990adde0d24fa29416803e.jpg
57d554858554b12f0ade611ffe0f4f58.jpg
579e8ff7f29c4512cd98f5a645d968de.jpg
92cce02b4132bcaab6d163671bf84741.jpg
6ce0cff8d51889ff071742bf375d0c96.jpg
baee6ffbcdd99a3af52d33fdb634cd16.jpg

KenpoSTi

Here is a link to the products if anyone is interested. My buddy who is big in detailing is the one that helped me win the detail and in discovering the products.

https://www.detailjuice.com/product/force-field-pro/

https://www.detailjuice.com/product/infinite-force-field-kit/

This is the kit we used except we went with the pro coating and not the one shown in the kit above. Everything else is the same.

Tomorrow we are trying out a product called Evo Shampoo. A more traditional wash with acrylic.

https://www.detailjuice.com/product/evo-shampoo/

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nice and shiny!

?Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

KenpoSTi

Nice and shiny!

Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Thanks! The whole process took around 4 1/2 hours! It is worth it to have a piece of mind with the coating on there. I can now do the rinseless wash in my garage and not worry as much about swirls, bugs, tar, or waterspots damaging the paint.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
That definitely makes a difference.

?Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Makes me sad I wont be able to hand-wash my car for a while :( Nothing like fresh paint, with all the right treatement!

KenpoSTi

Makes me sad I wont be able to hand-wash my car for a while :( Nothing like fresh paint, with all the right treatement!

What happened if you want to share? I know what you mean though. Makes you feel like you accomplished something and gives you some satisfaction seeing it :) Of course today it sprinkled on it lol

Grinder34

Track Monkey
What happened if you want to share? I know what you mean though. Makes you feel like you accomplished something and gives you some satisfaction seeing it :) Of course today it sprinkled on it lol

Ah, just moved from a house to an apt complex with no real place to do a proper hand-wash.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
ps, if it stayed clean forever, there would be no fun in the hand-washing/waxing/etc process!

KenpoSTi

Ah, just moved from a house to an apt complex with no real place to do a proper hand-wash.

Gotcha! You know the awesome thing about these products is that you can do a Rinseless wash anywhere. You dilute some of the solution for a pre soak, then have your microfibers in a clean bucket with some of the solution inside. Take those and do a portion of the car at a time. Follow up by drying each portion before moving to the next. Super easy to do and no hoses needed! I don't sell the product or profit from it just thought this was cool!

https://youtu.be/JFAD1Gm19ks

KenpoSTi

I have a used Nameless Axle back delete with 3" tips on the way! Should hopefully arrive on Monday. Pics and vids to follow once it is installed.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome! Keep the updates coming! :tup:

KenpoSTi

I received the axle back today. It was in rough shape but I got a good deal on it. First thing was to start polishing!

I used a mixture of Never Dull, 0000 steel wool, and Flitz polish. I could have spent more time doing the actual piping but I wanted to get the exhaust on tonight.

All I can say is WOW! I bet the smile on my face said it too lol. I was kind of worried about the volume, but it is perfect. Sounds deep and unleashed that boxer rumble. Took a drive to my parents to show them and then my dad and I went for a ride. He thought it sounded great.

After watching all of the YouTube videos there is just no comparing to how it sounds in person.

Here are a few of the starting and finished product. If I get motivated I may work on the piping more later.

4b55abbd5620ea19df0c40304df52e17.jpg
4255e18a2d65217451aa9717833be221.jpg
9343699c2f7dec2e98863b92747bdd58.jpg
b8b552ff0090f627403d8e4979924a9b.jpg
fc4f124e0e05bd577d41b05cf71e5805.jpg
ee678932870d7bc7accb8439eebd94cc.jpg
7ee022cd5f1219e6324cac6f1de42dad.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Looks like you're set on the exhaust aspect. :tup: Now you sound like a real Subie! What's next on your list?

KenpoSTi

Looks like you're set on the exhaust aspect. :tup: Now you sound like a real Subie! What's next on your list?

I love that signature sound! I am thinking of either starting to piece together a custom sub box,sub, and amp. Or I may go with tint next. This Kansas heat and 3 digit temps have me leaning to tint lol.

KenpoSTi

I decided to go the comfort route instead of a sub. I made an appointment to get a ceramic window tint. It was amazing the difference in heat blocking the ceramic has over the basic or even pro tint. The appointment is the 28th unless they get an opening earlier. I will be sure to update with pics.

Legal here is 35%. I am thinking 30% on all and maybe a 5% eyebrow.