I own a 02 WRX that I'm planning on building a motor that can push out 300hp to the wheels...current mods are catless up pipe with catless down pipe. 3inch turbo back exhaust...mishimoto carbon fiber shield intake...3inch alum radiator...stock turbo and stofk top mount intercooler. I plan to tune the car soon and eventually upgrade to a bigger turbo and injectors. any other mods I'll need??? any advice is highly appreciated

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!

what intake and injectors are you thinking about getting? I think the stock bugeye TMIC is small, so I'd advise finding a used STi TMIC or upgrading to an aftermarket one. You should probably find a ised set of STi headers or find an aftermarket set as well. I recall the WRX being smaller than the STi headers.

I have no experience with the 5 speed, but you should be doing some research as to how it'll hold up 300 whp. I don't think axles are a concern at 300, but then again I'm not certain as to how durable the WRX ones are and tire grip plays a role too. You'll want a fuel pump as well. I think [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] recommends a DW 300 high flow pump.

How are you planning to tune? Cobb AP or Opensource Tactrix?

On top of all this, you need to make sure that maintanence is up to par in every aspect. All fluids topped or changed depending on age. No leaks, fluid or vacuum. All belts changed. Bearings, brakes, bushings. Maintanence/safety/reliability is number 1 before anything else. :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome friend!

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
For 300 WHP a stock bottom end will do. Probably prudent just to get a new stock short block

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6367]mobilesuit_WRX02[/MENTION] Welcome to the forum, let us know if there is anything we can help you out with. Would love to part of your build, let us know any parts you are looking for or any questions you may have.

Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!

what intake and injectors are you thinking about getting? I think the stock bugeye TMIC is small, so I'd advise finding a used STi TMIC or upgrading to an aftermarket one. You should probably find a ised set of STi headers or find an aftermarket set as well. I recall the WRX being smaller than the STi headers.

I have no experience with the 5 speed, but you should be doing some research as to how it'll hold up 300 whp. I don't think axles are a concern at 300, but then again I'm not certain as to how durable the WRX ones are and tire grip plays a role too. You'll want a fuel pump as well. I think [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] recommends a DW 300 high flow pump.

How are you planning to tune? Cobb AP or Opensource Tactrix?

On top of all this, you need to make sure that maintanence is up to par in every aspect. All fluids topped or changed depending on age. No leaks, fluid or vacuum. All belts changed. Bearings, brakes, bushings. Maintanence/safety/reliability is number 1 before anything else. :tup:
So from what I understand the 03 5speed breaks over the fact of the trans buckles under itself (turns ) and brakes everything . so they made blast packs for that. Now I also did a little research and found they fixed it in 08 . supposedly they are able to hold 500hp .

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk