Transmission grinding in 5th

So I own a 09 wrx. When the car is warmed up and I am normal driving sometimes it's hard to shift into 5th and when I get it in but it grinds a little. So it is modded with a built 5 trans and a short throw with a stage 2 clutch

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Since you don't have a stock transmission, I'm not sure. Curious what the others have to say.

The dude that I bought trans from said that it could be the slave cylinder or my pedal might need adjusted

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That is possible but it would usually have a problem going into first if that was the case. Sounds more like synchros or the wrong oil or a bent fork.

That is possible but it would usually have a problem going into first if that was the case. Sounds more like synchros or the wrong oil or a bent fork.
I do have a problem going in to reverse and I change the slave bleed it and it still doess the same day

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Sounds like there is an internal issue. Looking at the service manual, 5th and reverse are interlinked through common linkage on both the 5 speed and 6 speed transmissions. It was either assembled wrong or there is a faulty component.

Sounds like there is an internal issue. Looking at the service manual, 5th and reverse are interlinked through common linkage on both the 5 speed and 6 speed transmissions. It was either assembled wrong or there is a faulty component.
Ok well if I get off work early today and tomorrow I going to drop the trans and see what's messed up

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah get a second opinion. I would hate for you to do all that work and it be something stupid. :tup:

Yeah get a second opinion. I would hate for you to do all that work and it be something stupid. :tup:
Well I know this may sound stupid but I think the spot welds to my pedal are broke my master cylinder moves a lot and I had someone else look at it and they said it's my throw out bearing or a bent clutch fork