The Official Sleeping Thread

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yeah, you read that right! Let's talk about sleeping!

For me, a normal night of sleeping without any external aids, consists of about 7-8 hours. I should not that I've been sleeping on a tempurpedic bed for almost a decade now. I always sleep on my back and without a pillow. As of about 6 months ago, I've been using ear plugs. I would've never found out about them, but I read a certain book and it featured them in it as a way to get better sleep. With these plugs, I feel WELL rested after 4-5 hours of sleep! It's an insane difference and a must try, especially at the price point! It's 04:11 right now, so that alone should say something! :tup:

https://www.macksearplugs.com/product/pillow-soft-silicone-earplugs/

What about you guys, how do you sleep and how have you evolved over time?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Will look into ear the plugs you posted for sure.

Great topic!

*Get exclusive benefits by signing up as Lifetime Platinum Member today*

For me I usually sleep on 8" of memory foam and sleep an average of 4-6 hours of sleep during the week with 10 hours of sleep on Friday night/Saturday morning. Been doing this routine since my teen years and almost always feel we'll rested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I can never get comfortable. I toss and turn all night and feel like shit all the time. It is making me an ornery bastard in my old age

:x

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I can never get comfortable. I toss and turn all night and feel like shit all the time. It is making me an ornery bastard in my old age

:x

You might want to try taking 10 mg of Melatonin about an hour before bed. See if that helps you get into a routine. If you take it for more than about 5 days in a row, you might start having crazy vivid dreams, but otherwise side effects are very limited.

I've been an insomnia since a child and run on an average of 4-6 hours of sleep unless I'm just dead tired.

My issue is I can't turn my brain off especially if I had a full day of events or something I'm planning in the future.

I've tried melatonin, kava kava, amongst other natural things and nothing seems to work for me. The one thing that use to was smoking cannabis but I have quit that when I became a parent but have considered looking in to the CBD oils which are canaboid tinctures that don't get you high.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Guys, just bust a nut before you go to bed and you'll pass out instantly! :rofl: :lmfao: :lol:

I've been an insomnia since a child and run on an average of 4-6 hours of sleep unless I'm just dead tired.

My issue is I can't turn my brain off especially if I had a full day of events or something I'm planning in the future.

I've tried melatonin, kava kava, amongst other natural things and nothing seems to work for me. The one thing that use to was smoking cannabis but I have quit that when I became a parent but have considered looking in to the CBD oils which are canaboid tinctures that don't get you high.

I have the same sleep schedule as you. Also used to have the same sleeping issues as well. I had to train myself to go to sleep by clearing my mind and not think. At first was really hard, but got easier over time. Start by going to sleep in a room with nothing on. Also you can look into meditation to help you go to bed as well.

I have the same sleep schedule as you. Also used to have the same sleeping issues as well. I had to train myself to go to sleep by clearing my mind and not think. At first was really hard, but got easier over time. Start by going to sleep in a room with nothing on. Also you can look into meditation to help you go to bed as well.

Since I do martial arts I do know breathing and qigong exercises that are pretty much Chinese version of meditation. It does help but when I'm stressed nothiing helps.

Since I do martial arts I do know breathing and qigong exercises that are pretty much Chinese version of meditation. It does help but when I'm stressed nothiing helps.

Except your favorite liquor..lol. Joking aside, when you are stressed, find someone to talk to about it. Even if it's a complete stranger, talking about what you are stressed about is the fastest way to get over being stressed.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Funny you should mention this. I started taking this a couple weeks ago... It is making me groggy during the day. I think it is lingering in my system long after I wake up to go to work.

I don't mind the vivid dreams though. They are fun!

You might want to try taking 10 mg of Melatonin about an hour before bed. See if that helps you get into a routine. If you take it for more than about 5 days in a row, you might start having crazy vivid dreams, but otherwise side effects are very limited.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Start taking it earlier before bed, i.e. *at least* 8 hours before you plan to wake up.

And the vivid dreams I'm talking about were not fun. At least not the ones I had. Trapped inside a burning ship at sea that is headed for the bottom, active civil war in my neighborhood, alien apocalypse. Shit like that. :lol:

Start taking it earlier before bed, i.e. *at least* 8 hours before you plan to wake up.

And the vivid dreams I'm talking about were not fun. At least not the ones I had. Trapped inside a burning ship at sea that is headed for the bottom, active civil war in my neighborhood, alien apocalypse. Shit like that. :lol:

Lol sounds like one hell of a ride. Start a dean journal when you first wake up. This will help you understand your dreams better.

Funny you should mention this. I started taking this a couple weeks ago... It is making me groggy during the day. I think it is lingering in my system long after I wake up to go to work.

I don't mind the vivid dreams though. They are fun!
Calea ternifolia is Nick named the Mexican dream herb if you want some lucid and vivid dreams. It's legal and you can make tea or smoke it before bed. I've been curious about it and have done a bit of research on the herb.

Kava Kava, Valeria root and melatonin are the things I've tried for sleep aids.