2002 STi

Andrew94

Hello all, I have a question. I check a lot of STi videos on YouTube and major amount of them is from the US. But why there are almost no bugeye STi's but only WRX's? The thing is, that I happend to own an STi 2002 and I feel like there are no others (which is hard to believe) and I want to check videos of other bugeye STi's but there are only WRX and that makes me sad. The only theory that I can think of is that they started shipping STi's to the US after 2003. Is it true?

That's because your in Czechia so you have a European market sti and the United States didn't start getting the STI till 2004 hence why you don't see much about them.

You'd probably have better luck researching your car by typing JDM or European market before the 2002 sti in a reach engine when your searching for info.

I believe the JDM sti engine is slightly different compared to the European market sti. I believe JDM has big port heads and the European doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Don't bother searching the USDM STI's because all America ever gets is crap! Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and a couple others countries get the good shit.

In the USA, the WRX was introduced in 2001 as a 2002 model and the STi in 2003 as a 2004 model. Until the WRX launched, the best thing we had was the GC8 2.5RS. :(