Intro

Vanilla Gorilla

Hey guys/gals, just wanted to say hi!

I'm in the market for a 2012 STI in the Tampa Market. I see someone traded one in at Reeves Subaru approximatly two or three weeks ago. I will most likely buy it.

39k on the clock, no mods that I can see, brakes/body/suspension looks good. Asking $25k.

Look forward to learning all i can.

PS - I am coming from the Mustang world (681 rwhp). We had a baby so the mustang had to go.

Thanks!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome [MENTION=6463]Vanilla Gorilla[/MENTION].

Good luck with your purchase.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! What made you decide to join the Subie world?

Woah, pics of the previous rides, please! :D

SDMotorworks

On Vacation
[MENTION=6463]Vanilla Gorilla[/MENTION] Welcome to the forum, let us know if there is anything you need for the subie.

Vanilla Gorilla

Thanks guys. So I had a son (Decklan Lee) 8 weeks ago and putting him in the mustang terrified the hell out of me. That much power was incredible when I was alone, but with him, it wasn't happening.

I ended up getting a 2015 STI on Friday. I will do a few mods and plan on keeping it for a long time. Slowly it will be built up. I will snap some pics when I get home. I'm excited to be part of this community! Accessport will be first mod for sure after all the usual maintenance.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Make sure you do a lot of research before pulling the trigger on any mods!!! If you have ANY questions, make sure you ask them. We should be able to answer any questions that you may have.

What's the purpose of the car going to be? (Daily driver, some auto-x, etc)

What made you get a 2015 over a 2012? How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

Vanilla Gorilla

Well the car will be a daily driver and maybe get into Autox. I've been a straight line guy before but the curves are where drivers are made.

Im a detective down in the Tampa Bay area so I really only drive about 7500-8500 miles a year.

I opted for the 15 because they sold the 12 the night after I went to the dealer.

Call it fate. This is much better equipped and i was happy the 15 didn't fall into the class action suit that is floating around. I'm pretty meticulous with my cars so I'll do what I can to preserve the purchase.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Lots of great suspension mods and longevity mods. I'm a huge fan of corners so your first task is to get some swaybars! But look into things like oil pickup and an AOS for longevity.

Vanilla Gorilla

I know the issues these motor's seem to be having and i'm trying to look at all solutions. Oil pick up might be a good starting point. As far as the AOS, i've heard it both ways that you can either take it or leave it. Mixed reviews on having one as a "go to" mod for engine longevity.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Tires are number one on the list when it comes to handling! :tup:

What tires does the car have currently?

Oh, and where are the pictures at?!