Thanks Thanks:  110
Likes Likes:  132
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: Hello from Delaware

  1. Top Of Page | #1
    Defpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Hello from Delaware

    New member obligatory introduction...

    Proud new owner of a Black 2015 STI. Bought CPO with ~25k miles a few months ago and am ready to void the warranty. First STI for me, second Subaru, had a BRZ for a couple years (fun car, too slow). Trying to learn all the ins and outs of this car before I go too deep into modding it.

    Currently the car is bone stock with just a Cobb AP stage 1 tune. Just ordered a Cobb DP, Cobb heatshield, PTP Turbo Blanket, and a Crawford V2 AOS. Going for a slight boost in power and improved engine 'safety' at this point. Also have coming some fresh Motul oil for the engine/trans/rear diff and some filters.

    I look forward to learning from everyone here and hopefully take advantage of the etuning services at some point.




  2. Thanks IGOTASTi, Alin, itsuncleZ thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi, Alin, itsuncleZ liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    System Operator IGOTASTi's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hello from Delaware

    Welcome friend.

    Thanks for taking the time to join us.

    Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.


  4. Thanks Defpo, itsuncleZ thanked for this post
    Likes Defpo, itsuncleZ liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Track Monkey Grinder34's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hello from Delaware

    I think the engine still has the same old oil pickup, and if that's the case, you may want to add an aftermarket one to your shopping list. They're prone to failure, which can make an engine go boom in a few seconds if/when it does fail.


    oil pickup install: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/thr...Pickup-Install
    regarding warranty: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/thr...g-the-warranty

    And really, really, really, dont forget about suspension mods (particularly swaybars!)


    Check out my journal here!

  6. Thanks Defpo, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Defpo, Alin liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Defpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hello from Delaware

    Funny you should mention this as I have been reading about the oil pick up for the past 3 hours. will be ordering a killer B pickup today. on that note, is there any real benefit to throwing the baffle/windage tray in while I'm in there?

    Definitely going to do something with the suspension at some point. just need to figure out what I want to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    I think the engine still has the same old oil pickup, and if that's the case, you may want to add an aftermarket one to your shopping list. They're prone to failure, which can make an engine go boom in a few seconds if/when it does fail.


    oil pickup install: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/thr...Pickup-Install
    regarding warranty: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/thr...g-the-warranty

    And really, really, really, dont forget about suspension mods (particularly swaybars!)



  8. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Track Monkey Grinder34's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hello from Delaware

    Quote Originally Posted by Defpo View Post
    Funny you should mention this as I have been reading about the oil pick up for the past 3 hours. will be ordering a killer B pickup today. on that note, is there any real benefit to throwing the baffle/windage tray in while I'm in there?

    Definitely going to do something with the suspension at some point. just need to figure out what I want to do.

    If you're already going to have the pan dropped, its certainly a perfect time to do it! But I dont really recall what the major benefits are. Better drainage in sustained high-g corners (drifting)? I think it's really solving a problem 99+% of the people DONT have. That being said, the only downsides i see are 1) headache of installing (you'll already have the pan down) 2) price (it's not that expensive) and 3) extra weight. (it will increase car weight fractionally...bad, but also lower CG fractionally...good).

    So, if you want to, why not?!


    Check out my journal here!

  10. Thanks Defpo, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Defpo, Alin liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Defpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hello from Delaware

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    If you're already going to have the pan dropped, its certainly a perfect time to do it! But I dont really recall what the major benefits are. Better drainage in sustained high-g corners (drifting)? I think it's really solving a problem 99+% of the people DONT have. That being said, the only downsides i see are 1) headache of installing (you'll already have the pan down) 2) price (it's not that expensive) and 3) extra weight. (it will increase car weight fractionally...bad, but also lower CG fractionally...good).

    So, if you want to, why not?!
    Ordered the killer b pick up and windage tray last night.

    For your recommendation on sway bars, what sizes do you think would be good? from what I have read, the 15+ already comes with quite beefy sway bars (24mm front, 20mm rear). I dont know that I really want to go much more than that as I have read any stiffer comes with a compromise in traction as it will try to 'lift' the inside wheel more than it needs to. I may just upgrade the endlinks to something adjustable so I can fine tune the stock bars a little, if that makes sense?


  12. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hello from Delaware

    Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here! I NEED to know the impressions going from a BRZ to an STi!!!! I'm in the opposite boat that you are in. BRZ/FR-S/S2000.

    Oh, and post pictures of the BRZ!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

  14. Thanks IGOTASTi, Defpo thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi, Defpo liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8
    Defpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hello from Delaware

    Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here! I NEED to know the impressions going from a BRZ to an STi!!!! I'm in the opposite boat that you are in. BRZ/FR-S/S2000.

    Oh, and post pictures of the BRZ!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Don't get me wrong, I loved the BRZ. The handling was amazing and the car just felt right. It just desperately needed a turbo and I wasn't ready to get that deep into modding it. I did the basic stuff like full exhaust and OTS tune along with some whiteline bushing kits. Comparing it to the STI, the BRZ was just so much more nimble on the twisty roads. The STI has plenty of grip and definitely handles well, but not quite in the way that I could just flick the little BRZ around. I knew this would be the case when buying the STI, being much larger. I definitely love the extra power out of the box that the STI offers. For me at this point in time, I feel it was the right decision to move to an STI. But I can almost guarantee you I will own another BRZ/FRS/FT86 sometime in the future. Once I'm ready to throw a whole bunch of money at it to make more power


    This is the only picture I can find at the moment. Pretty much bone stock.



  16. Thanks Alin, IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, IGOTASTi liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9
    Track Monkey Grinder34's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hello from Delaware

    I wouldnt worry too much about a stiffer rear swaybar lifting the inside wheel. Unless you go HAM with a HUGE bar and stiff springs. There are adjustable options to let you tune it a bit.


    Check out my journal here!

  18. Thanks Defpo, Alin, IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes Defpo, Alin, IGOTASTi liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10
    Defpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Hello from Delaware

    So I have been doing a lot of research lately, been a slow few weeks at work . Wanted to post my roadmap to a reliable 400whp. This will be done in ~6 'stages', not necessarily conforming to traditional stage/stage + designations, but laid out in a way that helped me organize my plans/budget. This will likely take a couple years to complete in its entirety as right now it is totaling over $20k haha. I already have parts on hand to complete my stage 2 plans (will be installed in next few weeks) and will be purchasing the 'handling' mods soon. Brakes will probably need to be upgraded at some point as well. If anyone has any thoughts/suggestions please feel free to share.

    Stage 2 ~275 whp:
    Cobb downpipe
    Cobb Heatshield
    Crawford AOS
    PTP Turbo Blanket
    Killer B oil pickup/windage tray
    Cobb SS Cat Back
    Cobb shift knob
    Cobb OTS Stage 2 Map

    Handling Mods:
    Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
    Whiteline 22mm RSB
    Specialty products inc adjustable RLCAs
    Alignment

    Stage 3 ~300whp:
    Cobb Fuel sys package
    Cobb SF Intake
    Cobb turbo Inlet
    Cobb OTS Stage 3 Map

    Stage 3+ ~325whp:
    Grimspeed TMIC
    Cobb XLE BPV
    Cobb Fuel pressure sensor
    GS TMIC Ypipe
    Cobb EBCS
    Custom Protune

    Stage 4 ~350whp:
    IAG stage 2 Short Block (rated for 650 chp)
    IAG TGV Delete
    IAG 3mm phenolic spacers
    South Bend stg2 clutch
    ACT prolite flywheel
    Perrin engine/trans mounts
    Custom Protune

    Stage 4+ ~400whp:
    Blouch Dom 1.5xt-r
    Killer B Holy header
    Tial 38mm WG
    GS wastegate bracket
    Custom Protune


Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •