Hello from Delaware

Got my downpipe back from the shop today. Fresh coat of Cerakote Glacier Black. Only intended to do a partial wrap on it but I sure thought a 2"x15' roll would make it a little farther :lol:. probably overlapped a bit too much...

Before wrap:
2m48wbc.jpg

After Wrap:
33v2j2o.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That looks amazing, dude! :tup:

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

jbzSTINY

I install, repair and maintain utility scale wind turbines. Travel most of the year so my STI is my toy on the occasions that I get to go home. No wife/kids or mortgage and minor other expenses (company covers everything travel related) so fairly high disposable income.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2my3f38.jpg
Dude, you are my hero!!! Dangerous work!! It has to be awesome, but I understand about the travel tho. Great looking car for sure. Wish I could give you some advice on part choice, but I'm new to this thing here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dude, you are my hero!!! Dangerous work!! It has to be awesome, but I understand about the travel tho. Great looking car for sure. Wish I could give you some advice on part choice, but I'm new to this thing here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks! It's really not all that dangerous as long as you have a little bit of common sense :lol:. Most people think of falls as the biggest danger but it's actually very rare that there is a fatal fall. We all wear harnesses and are tied off any time a fall would be possible. Honestly the drive to work is much more dangerous statistically.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
^ Funny you mention that...

I almost went into cellular/antenna tower maintenance, due to my experience with such work in the Navy. The #1 cause of work related death was not falls, it was heart attack. From guys being in poor shape and having to climb hundreds of feet into the air to do the job. I'm sure you are well acquainted with how physically taxing it can be to climb some of these never-ending ladders, in a snug harness, while carrying all kinds of tools and repair parts.

^ Funny you mention that...

I almost went into cellular/antenna tower maintenance, due to my experience with such work in the Navy. The #1 cause of work related death was not falls, it was heart attack. From guys being in poor shape and having to climb hundreds of feet into the air to do the job. I'm sure you are well acquainted with how physically taxing it can be to climb some of these never-ending ladders, in a snug harness, while carrying all kinds of tools and repair parts.

luckily most of the time we have a climb assist, which is basically just a cable we attach to that pulls ~100lbs of our weight. Sometimes we are even luck enough to have a small elevator, although they are extremely rare in the US. It is still very physically taxing to have to climb a 3-400ft ladder sometimes up to 5 times a day.

More goodies showed up in the mail today! Found this Mishimoto TMIC for a very good discount used even though at this point I have absolutely no need for a bigger TMIC :lol:. Price was good enough that I figured I would pull the trigger on it. Had to bling it up a little bit with some reflect a gold tape :tup:

Anyone here have an opinion on running a bigger TMIC without tune? I have seen people saying its ok and not ok. seems to me that the only real change without a tune would be cooler intake charge since the air is already metered at the MAF. I know I wont really be taking advantage of it without a tune and don't expect to see any gain. going to have the TMIC off in a couple weeks anyway to do a bunch of other work so figured might as well throw the new one on if I can convince myself its safe to do so. :D

swsb2h.jpg

30a45tz.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That looks great! You can install and run it without a tune. :tup:

That looks great! You can install and run it without a tune. :tup:

Cool! that's what I am hoping. will be keeping a close eye on everything (mostly boost, AFR and knock) after I flash to stage 2. hopefully everything plays nice together :D

Yesterday was a good day. Picked up a set of Wedssports TC105N 18x9.5 wheels with Michelin PSS tires in perfect condition for a little over half price and got my PST carbon driveshaft in the mail that I paid under half of MSRP. :tup:

332rllv.jpg

wqx02c.jpg

novo61.jpg

aak4rq.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh very nice.

Daddy likes!

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Where in the hell did you get a CFDS for under half MSRP from?!?!? [MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] Talk to this man for the hookup!!!

Found it over on IWSTI and low balled the shit out of the guy :lol:. Didnt really expect him to accept it but he said it had just been sitting in his basement and wanted it gone. Paid $515 shipped.

Where in the hell did you get a CFDS for under half MSRP from?!?!? @Batmobile_Engage Talk to this man for the hookup!!!

3 more days and I'll be home... getting a bit impatient :lol:. Tons of work to do on the STI this weekend, been collecting too many parts lately :fuji:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
This weekend = pictures or riot!!! :rambo:

Made a lot of progress on the STI today. Installed:
-Killer B oil pickup/baffle/oil pan/oil change
-Cobb DP/heatshield
-PTP turbo blanket
-Crawford V2 AOS
-Mishimoto TMIC
-Spark plugs
-Air filter/ Cabin Air filter
-Optima Red top battery.... mine decided to take a shit while I was away

Intended to take more pictures but got a late start and was rushing a bit. Plenty more to do tomorrow...

2ludfuv.jpg

2hdbs4j.jpg

2dtt5qs.jpg

6nywc7.jpg

bhixxf.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Whew, all the goodies! That's awesome! :tup:

Lots more work done today.

-Trans/diff oil change (Motul Gear 300)
-PST carbon fiber driveshaft