Air suspension

07sti

Okay so i a plan in installing air suspension on my 2007 sti. I bought a set of d2 air struts that were used with 3,000miles on them (just the struts). I plan on getting the airlift 3h complete air management kit to complete my setup. Questions: Is there anything i should do to my suspension or my car in general when installing air suspension. Should i get any other suspension parts or any other parts for my setup that wont be included in the kit that should be done and/or help improve performance? Also i cant find much about d2 airstruts but that say they are 36-way dampening adjustable. Now is the damping/stiffness going to be only adjustable manually or will i be able to do that electronically with the airlift management system? Sorry if these questions dont make much sense im trying to research everything but not finding what im looking for... thanks

Grinder34

Track Monkey

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Hmmm... I don't really know anything about air suspensions, but I am pretty well versed in conventional suspension stuff. I guess I would have to find out what all they include in these kits, or whether you'd even end up with all of it since what you bought was used. The first thing that comes to mind that people probably don't consider is a roll center adjustment. Whiteline makes a kit that is designed for ride height drops of 1" or more that aims to correct the lower suspension geometry so that lowered cars don't handle like shit (many do, because basically all they've done is lower the car which throws the suspension geometry out of design spec).

So I guess the first questions are:

Does the kit comes with any kind of roll center adjustment?

What are your intended ride height(s)? Do you plan to run a lower ride height for track days, for optimum handling, or doesn't that matter so much to you?