Gauge Wire Routing

adamsmarshall

Ok so have a complete and utter noob question here, more than anything cause I don?t have the car in front of me currently. But I installed my fuel pressure and afr gauges the other day with limited time, and took a couple basic looks, but where is the best place to run the wires into the engine bay in a 2015 STI?

I?ve seen videos of some run above the inner fender liner, then stumbled across the Perrin firewall grommet made specifically for that, however that looks to require removal of the wiper cowl. So I ask, what?s the best spot to run them? Or any spots that I?m missing? I just didn?t see a whole lot of room in any of the factory grommets I saw the other day.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a lot of people use the grommet in the drivers side fender well. I will be installing a few gauges this weekend and hopefully can figure something out :lol:. supposedly there's a grommet pretty close to the downpipe that would be ideal for the AFR. will report back and let you know how I end up routing them.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
In my old GD there were several grommets in the firewall. IIRC, i poked a hole in them with a pointy coat hanger. Then taped the wires to the coat hanger and fed them through.