Misfire on 1,2 and 3 now 2,3 and 4... help needed!

Sti-Stef

Hi all hopefully someone might have some suggestions.
If recently pulled my 2006 2.0ltr sti engine out for some upgrades. I fitted Sc42 turbo, comp stage 2 clutch/lightweight flywheel, 1000cc injectors, billet fuel rails, braided Teflon fuel lines, FPR, fuelab fuel filter, 340lph fuel pump, oil pump, water pump, timing belt kit and Roger Clarke exhaust manifold/uppipe. I put the motor back in and fired it up to bleed the rad ready for tuning. It's not been driven. Started fine and within a few minutes it started misfiring and threw codes up for 1,2 and 3 so shut her down checked plugs they was fine. Replaced coil packs with another working set and still threw the misfire codes 1,2 and 3. So I decided to pull the injectors and make sure they was clean. Put them back in and started her again.. after about 4 minutes it started misfiring again but this time on 2,3 and 4... any ideas? Am getting very frustrated with this now lol

Sti-Stef

Do you have a base map to account for the 1000cc injectors?
No but my mapper said I could fire it up to bleed the system then don't run again till it's tuned. I will be dropping the oil and putting new in for the tune also

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I could whip you up a quick map but I need some info first.

You say this is a 2.0 ltr STi. I assume this is a JDM or is it a swap?

I also assume this using open source for the tuning solution?

definitely need a new map for the bigger injectors. most likely flooding the cylinders, causing the misfire. Talk to your tuner or HolyCrapItsFast about getting a base map worked up. :tup:

ShamxSTI

Hi mate most mappers wont follow adaptations once mods are carried out

This needs to be done properly by the owner

And according to the full procedure or the wrx or sti will not run properly and always chuck codes as none of the figures are calibrated on the ecu does not matter how much you mod it the car needs to set its self if that makes sense.

ShamxSTI

Hi mate most mappers wont follow adaptations once mods are carried out

This needs to be done properly by the owner

And according to the full procedure or the wrx or sti will not run properly and always chuck codes as none of the figures are calibrated on the ecu does not matter how much you mod it the car needs to set its self if that makes sense.

1 step colder ngk iridiums and a contact cleaner on MAF & MAP sensors

Along with new DV gasket (common leaks)

Also once checked and cleaned follow the

Sti adaptation processes

Items needed
(use stop watch or timer on your mobile)
And 8-10mm spanner for battery connection

This is to reset ecu once servicing item(s) listed above

Usually a cold start before leaving battery disconnected for 30mins then reconnected leave ignition on to prime pump for 30secs

Start car for 5 mins with no power or auxiliary on (all items must be switched off during this procedure)
Keep lights climate control off as any current dip will not set ecu.

After 5 mins of idle
Swith engine off for 30secs
Then switch ignition on

wait for 30 secs and then
Leave running for 10mins with no gas etc
( leave engine running again with all auxiliaries & radio lights off)

and then swtich off and leave for a futher 30secs then switch ignition on for final time for 30secs and start and test drive.

Hope its sorted mate

Its going to breath better once all calibration is completed successfully.

Nickhabby1

How's it going everyone so I have a serious issue I dont know how to post on the forum so here it goes. My wife had bought me an 08 sti which had a few modifications done amr down pipe and turbo with some other things and a street tune it was in New Jersey. I'm living in Texas an had the car shipped down here and my wife had not a single problem with the car while it was in New Jersey. Since it has been in Texas I've had to replace the coil on cylinder 3 twice now today when I went to go get the code read. It now says misfire on cylinder 2,3 and 4 if anyone has any suggestions I'm going to bring it to my local shop this weekend but if anyone has any idea's please if you can help. Thank you