Round 2: My 2015 Galaxy Blue Journal

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Sooooo, why oil temp over pressure. Or, why not both?!

Which plug do you plan to mount the oil temp gauge in?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Oh, also! does the flex fuel kit have some sort of real-time fuel tester that adjusts the base maps? Like adjusts for summer/winter blends and like if you still had a half gallon of premium in the tank when you filled with e85? That's probably common knowledge, I'm just out of the loop at this point as I never really considered e85.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Oh, also! does the flex fuel kit have some sort of real-time fuel tester that adjusts the base maps? Like adjusts for summer/winter blends and like if you still had a half gallon of premium in the tank when you filled with e85? That's probably common knowledge, I'm just out of the loop at this point as I never really considered e85.
I already have oil pressure, just adding temperature.

And yes it is a true flex fuel setup that can adjust across the range on the fly. The accessport can even display the ethanol content in real time.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
So I rolled the dice and ordered a used (damaged airbox) COBB SF + airbox on eBay last week. It showed up yesterday and after repairing (bending) the box back into shape, the install was very easy and it works great with the Stage 1 + SF COBB OTS map. New it would have been ~$365+ vs. $185, so I am very pleased with how it worked out. I may need to repaint it in the future as a lot of the coating was cracking and peeling off when I was bending it back into shape, but that is no big deal. I only did a brief road test after letting the car idle to operating temp following the reflash, so I am looking forward to driving it some over the weekend. I think I will tackle the suspension and fuel pump next when those things arrive.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Productive day yesterday. I got the Stoptech SS brake lines installed (thanks to my Dad). While he installed them I installed the new coilovers. I've only had them out for approx. 1 mile but on a familiar road they are reallllly promising. Next up will be turbo heat shield, spark plugs, and fuel pump. Delicious tuning flex fuel kit and fuel injectors will go on in ~2-3 weeks with the dyno tune coming on July 2nd.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Well, as is often the case…things have not gone to plan. I had some issues getting the suspension installed due to a messed up thread on one of the top hat nuts from the factory (Fortune Auto took care of me very quickly) and some user error. This all meant that I didn’t get my performance parts installed and the car tuned. Life continues to be crazy busy at the moment with no signs of slowing down. With that said I hope to get back to work on the car soon but unfortunately I’m not holding my breath.