Round 2: My 2015 Galaxy Blue Journal

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Sooo...This happened yesterday
20180502_201532.jpg

Apparently someone with no experience around a car decided it was cool to use an impact gun to put three of the lug nuts back on the driver rear wheel without even starting them by hand first :doh:

Fortunately my dad got me hooked up with new studs and lug nuts and has the guy that was refinishing my one wheel drop it all off this evening. All back together now with my mud flaps installed (reason for removing the wheels to begin with). I did go ahead and clean everything I could and shoot a little rust preventative on a few areas behind the wheels. Also rotated the tires while I was at it and installed a new AEM washable air filter.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Unbelievable!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Nothing glamorous today, but I did get my cabin filter installed...I think both filters I've replaced needed it!
20180505_142906.jpg

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Decided to go a slightly different route with the spring choice and ordered some Whiteline Springs from Jordan @DefinedPerformance
Should provide the drop I am looking for and ride pretty nice too.

On a totally different note, since taking ownership I have been averaging just over 24mpg (according to the car computer), pretty impressed by that.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
After receiving some input and checking what is available I currently have these options for my new license plate:

RINGLNZ (embrace it right?)
BOXRMBL
FLT4BXR
SCOOBIE
THRSTI

Eagleye

Tinkerer
With Fall and Winter approaching I will be diving back into mods. Staying with suspension and appearance/functional mods until the warranty is up next year. Looking at doing the following:

- Install lowering springs that I ordered months ago :roll:
- Side window deflectors (nice for the humid summer days here)
- Rear glass vortex generator just because
- Front lip (haven't decided on a cheap lip or actual diffuser, I'm thinking cheap lip in the event it gets ripped off)

I think that is all for now. I'll probably have updates after Xmas. Proud of myself for going slow on this one and enjoying the car. Typically I am all in on shit and don't get to enjoy the process.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I have gotten cheap lips in the past and let me say this: you won't feel bad should the situation arise and it gets torn off. :tup: :lol:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
I have gotten cheap lips in the past and let me say this: you won't feel bad should the situation arise and it gets torn off. :tup: :lol:

I know what you are saying...but I refuse to spend $400 on a piece that goes under the bumper. $400 should be a whole bumper price not a lip/diffuser. They have to be making huge profit on those things.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
My little buddy "helped" me get some work done tonight (he was interested in everything I was doing and did hand me a couple tools...So for a 2 year old he did great!). OEM rear vortex generator and rear bumper spats were installed. Also got some fresh AmsOil in it for the winter. It was dark so no pictures of the mods tonight, but I'll get some up soon of the car as it sits now.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
IMG_20181031_210940_978.jpgDSC00236.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pictures, I swear I'll take good ones soon haha. Got my new front lip on tonight. Unlike the awesome fitment and hardware of the rear spats, the front lip required a heat gun and lots of screws.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Now THATS a picture. Nice
Thanks, pulled in at my in-laws to get my son and it just looked too nice not to take a few pictures. It's sad, I do some photography work as a hobby but when it comes to my own shit I never have pictures or they look like my 2 year old took them haha.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Sooooo...nothing new to report around here besides taking a chunk out of my front lip (picture to be added later). I hate winter...

My wife and I finally got a date night a couple weeks ago (our 3rd in 3 years...go us) and decided to go to a local tavern. Everything is going great, we are both excited to have the STi out since we haven't been driving it much. Then I go to pull in to the parking lot and CRACK. I guess it was cold enough that rather than just flex up a little, it snapped a chunk out of the bottom of the lip. Son of a bitch. O well, that's why I buy cheap ones.

And I am still kicking around getting a personalized license plate. BOXER 4, BXR RMBL, COOHWIP (Family guy reference and could be interpreted as cool "whip" car) Not in love with any ideas yet though!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Third date in three years is well ahead of 90% of the rest of people out there. :lol: :tup:

Ouch on the cracked lip. We want more great photos from you!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Yikes, hearing a snap/pop/grind is the worst feeling. Gonna replace, or live with it?

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Okay...tax return is coming very soon. With house projects there will probably only be enough money to do a few smaller things or one big thing this year. So I believe it will breakdown like this:

18in Wheels & Summer Tires (best places to look? I've been on TireRack and their selection isn't great for the our cars) ~ $1,500
or
AOS - looking at the Grimmspeed - $300
EVO Oil Pressure Gauge - $95
EVO Wideband Gauge - $170
Cubby Dual Gauge Mount - $40
AccessPort (wait until they go on sale 1 time a year) - $585

Total: ~1,500 wheels & tires OR gauges, AOS, & AP for $1,200

Not sure which way I will go yet. Might depend on what wheel/tire deals I can find.