AEM Drop In Filter

Eagleye

Tinkerer
After asking Jordan @DefinedPerformance for a new air filter (stock or similar style) he sent me the AEM drop in filter. Construction looks very nice, fit into the box nicer than stock, cleanable, dry filter (no oil to mess with). Sounds better in the car too. The car seems to like it as well, no good gas mileage numbers to report prior to install, but it is doing quite well since I put it in.

Overall I am very happy with it. I'll report back with pictures of what it caught and how it looked before/after cleaning.

Hao Vo

Essentially you?re increasing airflow with a bigger diameter pipe so yes you do need a tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hao Vo

Drop in filters dont change the pipe.

That was my mistake I read it completely wrong while with a client but final answer and you can quote me on this one, no you do not need a tune w/ a drop in filter

voyagebeyond

That was my mistake I read it completely wrong while with a client but final answer and you can quote me on this one, no you do not need a tune w/ a drop in filter

Thanks for the input

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Sorry, never saw these responses. A tune is/was not needed with drop in filters.

I still like the filter, it does a nice job.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How often do you clean the filter?