Got that herky jerky feeling

Recently my STi when I?m trying to do a slower, controlled acceleration (like in a construction zone) has been doing a whiplash inducing front to back dance at low rpms (say between 1.5k and 2.5k). I can?t tell if it?s some type of hesitation due to fuel issues, or a drivetrain issue. It smooths out if I push harder on the throttle, but I can tell something?s wrong. I?ve also noticed the 3.2k hesitation is slightly more pronounced, which makes me suspect fuel, but could it be a slipping clutch or a bad engine mount (just spitballing here)?

I also know my power steering pump is about to crap out on me, but I don?t think the two issues are related.

Any help y?all can provide is greatly appreciated.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Is this the GR fuel stumble? Odd that it started just recently!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I would recommend checking for leaks. Have a smoke test done. 9 out of 10 it is usually a leak.

Do you have a means to log or look at fuel trims? Check them to see if they are high.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I do have an Accessport, so I can pull a log. It?s just been a while since I?ve done so, so can you remind me of the steps?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I just don't remember... I never log with the accessport anymore.

There are a bunch of How To videos on youtube

geekbstrd

oldmansti, Did you find the problem? I had just purchased my STI 8/2018 and had the GR Stumble, I moved the FRP / fuel pressure regulator manifold reference vacuum hose from the intake track cyl 4 to the bypass valve hose. Fixed about 75% of my problem.