Here comes the big build 2011 STI

steve11711

Rod knock claims another one. I guess it's as good of an excuse as any to spend a shit ton of money. I've had my dream build planned out for about a year now but was planning on saving for another year or two before it happened so here i am. The engine is out and on its way for some hefty upgrades, built heads and internals, sleeves, the whole nine yards. My shop says it should easily handle 800-1000 whp. Due to time constraints and a smaller than planned budget i've settled on the perrin rotated kit. It seems that the ATP GTx3582r turbo should get me to the 600-750ish whp that im hoping for. The mods that i already have that will be staying with the car are the cobb flex fuel kit, perrin fpr, and bigger in tank fuel pump. Planned additions are as follows.

ATP GTX3582R turbo
Perrin rotated turbo kit
ETS front mount intercooler
id 1700 injectors
Radium surge tank-dual walbro 450s
IAG v3 fuel rails
IAG -6 fuel line kit
IAG aos- competition version
CSF racing radiotor with built in oil cooler
Perrin equal length big tube header
IAG speed density kit
I've also purchased the Full-Race rotated intake manifold kit. I'll be using the stock manifold

There are probably some odds and ends that i've left out. I've been swapping out parts little by little over the last year and a half. I'm considering swapping out all the fuel lines while ive gotten everything tore up. Any advice or input from the crowd as i move forward? Anything i'm forgetting or overlooking?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Engine block wise... will you be machining the existing block or getting a new one?

steve11711

We'll see how my block looks. My shop guy doesn't love new blocks. But we'll do what we need to to make sure it can handle the power.