How do you shave?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
@Batmobile_Engage , what's the longest you've have your beard in terms of length? How many months growth?

I'm coming up on 7 months in the next couple of days! I've only trimmed the neckline above the Adam's Apple about 3 times over my entire beard career. I'm going for the full yeard! I've changed some things around, so let me give some guidance on the experiences I've had thus far. These are the products I use:

-Cremo 100% Natural Boar Bristle Brush
91mfQ-y0DfL._SY355_.jpg

-Cremo Sandalwood Comb
71eBB8trIAL._SY355_.jpg

-Honest Amish Beard Balm
91AexnYgiCL._SX355_.jpg

-Honest Amish Beard Wax
81usQen6eFL._SX355_.jpg

-Thick & Full + Biotin & Collagen Conditioner
61xYVub0WPL._SY355_.jpg

I use the brush every day. I use the beard balm every couple of days and then straighten with the comb. I've only used the beard wax twice as I haven't found much use for it. The beard balm is great enough for my current length. Maybe at the yeard mark, the wax will make more impact. I use the conditioner every other time I shower and it really softens up your facial hair. I also trim the cheek line with my straight razor about every 3-4 weeks.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Nice! I think I've gone 6-7 months before. It gets pretty Unabomber looking. :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Time for a serious trim. I kinda like it this length, but the wife doesn't.

417129d55882eee5827bcac6663601c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I recently trimmed my 7 month beard as well. I trimmed off the sides while keeping the frontal length and half of the mustache, which was getting extremely annoying!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
@Batmobile_Engage , have you ever used a beard ring or a beard straightener before?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
@Batmobile_Engage , have you ever used a beard ring or a beard straightener before?

Nope. I'm not even sure what that is. I'll have to Google it.

Speaking of which, I cut my beard down to almost nothing last week.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Nope. I'm not even sure what that is. I'll have to Google it.

Speaking of which, I cut my beard down to almost nothing last week.

Are you full of regret?!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Nah. It'll grow back pretty quick and I like a change once in a while. However, what the $%&* is with people @#$%ing with my lines. "Just take it all down to about a #2 , but please don't change my neck and cheek lines and such." How is that so hard to understand? My neck line was set about a 1/2" above my Adam's Apple and what does she do? She gives me a @#$%ing chin strap neck line. Do I have to write my instructions on my forehead or something?

So now I'm all wild looking because I won't touch it until my original lines grow back in. There are some dense ^#$%*& ~@#%@#'s out there. :banghead:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It's the new style, BRO! :lmao: :rofl: :lol: That's pretty funny!

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Yeah... not too pleased. Idk why I let anyone else cut my beard. I should just do it myself. :doh:
844cb1baf37f30cbc232bbb0f7722281.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'll be coming up on 11 months in the next 1-1.5 weeks. At this point, I don't remember how I look without a beard. I don't think I'm going to shave ever again in my life either. :rofl:

I also decided to grow out my hair past my shoulders. Based on what I've read and seen, it'll take about two years to get to that point. My hair is the same as my beard in terms of growth, almost at the 11 month mark. One thing that took some time adjusting to was the shedding that comes with having longer hair. It can sometimes get annoying.
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] , the latest purchase (a month ago or so now) was a heated brush! Life changer if you have a longer beard!!! It's like witchcraft and will make your beard straight in a matter of two minutes. I don't use as much balm anymore and I only shampoo the beard about every three days now with a new shampoo/conditioner I'm trying out.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Nice. I thought about getting one of those, but then decided to keep it more on the short side for the foreseeable future. I'm liking this length right now, as long as I keep it shaped nicely. I've had my beard excessively long before, but I absolutely could never stand having long hair. I can't even stand it when it's touching my ears. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Nice. I thought about getting one of those, but then decided to keep it more on the short side for the foreseeable future. I'm liking this length right now, as long as I keep it shaped nicely. I've had my beard excessively long before, but I absolutely could never stand having long hair. I can't even stand it when it's touching my ears. :lol:

I'm like you in that sense that I couldn't tolerate longer hair. However, I comb/slick it backwards and stays out of my way the entire day. Getting out of bed is a different, disastrous story. :lol:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Next week will be my yeard. However, last month, I trimmed off roughly 1.5" of my beard because it was getting wispy. From what I've read and understood, not all hair follicles grow at the same rate and terminal growth is different for each strand. I also trimmed half the mustache again like I did 6 months ago. It gets pretty annoying at a certain length and that certain length for me is the 6 month period. I suppose my next step is to analyze how my beard looks in a couple of months and then determine what length is my maximum length, and what length is my optimal length. I still can't see myself ever shaving again. :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Next week will be my yeard. However, last month, I trimmed off roughly 1.5" of my beard because it was getting wispy. From what I've read and understood, not all hair follicles grow at the same rate and terminal growth is different for each strand.

This is 100% true. That's why I always tell anyone who asks, to grow it out longer than they would like and then trim it back into the shape they desire. If you keep trying to shape it before it's too long, it will never fill in properly and you'll get frustrated and shave it all off again. The hardest part is not messing with it for those 4-6 weeks earlier on.

Congrats on making it a year! It takes more maintenance and will power than most people realize. Now from here on out you should be pretty comfortable with all that. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
This is 100% true. That's why I always tell anyone who asks, to grow it out longer than they would like and then trim it back into the shape they desire. If you keep trying to shape it before it's too long, it will never fill in properly and you'll get frustrated and shave it all off again. The hardest part is not messing with it for those 4-6 weeks earlier on.

Congrats on making it a year! It takes more maintenance and will power than most people realize. Now from here on out you should be pretty comfortable with all that. :tup:

Thanks, it was an easy journey of sitting on my ass and doing nothing. :lol: Either I've become accustomed to maintenance or it isn't as difficult as people think it is, because it's second nature at this point.

One thing that I still haven't gotten over is shedding. More so with my head hair than my beard. It can get pretty annoying, but I'm committed to sticking to my initial goal of two years. In another 370 days, my hair should be well below my shoulders, which is going to be a first time experience for me. It's already at the longest point I've ever had it at. Right now, it's at about the halfway point in between my ears and shoulders.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Wow. I could never do it (the hair length). I'd literally have to be living in the woods and even then, I'd find a way to keep it short. :unsure:

Make sure you take periodic progression pics. Every month or something...

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I needed a change and this quarantine is a good opportunity for it...
94754e888105ad69d2ec0042ce3817d9.jpg
10238c0f993983cc95906acc7bb332a5.jpg
bd6be3cee09e4fba9f29d0ae16027bdc.jpg
cf862a07629c7fea04d2f789885d2477.jpg
7dbd07e7143b59b8ada5874e6190cb0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk