Thread: How do you shave?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

How do you shave?

So, how do you guys shave?

I'm looking into straight razors!

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: How do you shave?

I use an old school double edge razor. Its SOOO cheap compared to even dollar shave club.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QY8QXM/

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NL0T1G/

not quite as gangsta as a straight razor, but cheap and effective.

Check out my journal here (Sold)
    My non-subaru journal here!

3. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

Shave...?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

5. Thanks Alin, IGOTASTi, War_Panda04 thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, IGOTASTi, War_Panda04 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Shave...? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5fedb6973d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    AHH!

Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

7. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Dundee style!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1183128d1518701273-shaving-traditional-razor-blade-post-72483-0-52477200-1431325022.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	7605

Check out my journal here (Sold)
    My non-subaru journal here!

9. Thanks Alin, IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, IGOTASTi liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

When I was in the Navy and had to be clean shaven all the time, I used to use a Gillette Fusion (the 5-bladed heads). My skin is kind of weird, where if I use shaving cream or even water, my skin swells. And that just pulls the trimmed whisker beneath the surface, where it gets stuck and causes red bumps and in-grown hairs. So I actually dry shaved with a 5-blade razor for years.

Eventually, I got myself a Braun Series 7 electric shaver which is great. I've even used it to re-shave my head (down from ~1/8" stubble) many times. And it's what I still use now for shaving my neck and trimming around my beard. They come with a charging dock that also offers automated cleaning, provided that you load the cartridges of cleaning solution.

I highly recommend this shaver over any of the 3-circular head style Remingtons on the market. Those things blow.

I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

11. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

13. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I used an electric shaver my entire life. I'm trying Dollar Shave Club right now with the cartridge. I like it more than the electric turds I've used, however, I will be ordering a straight razor in the next couple of days.

It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

15. Top Of Page | #9

With an electric razor.

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I got a straight razor back in August and have only been using that. It took quite a few tries until I got the hang of it, but it's amazing! However, I haven't shaved in almost a month and am growing out a beard. I'm looking into oils, balms, waxes, combs, and other crap.... @Batmobile_Engage , do you use any products?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast