How do you shave?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Literally wow!
How did you feel looking at yourself after entirely shaven?
What did the wife say?
What did friends and family say?
How long did you have a beard for up to this point?
Any other thoughts or feelings that you had?

I can't do it, man! I can never shave again! EVER!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I think I'm at the terminal length at this stage of my life. It feels like the beard hasn't grown any longer in the past couple of months. Im at roughly the 15.5 month mark.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I trimmed off about 25% of my beard a few days ago. I suppose it's now at about the 9-10 month mark in terms of length. I really don't know how guys with long mustaches in particular tolerate it. It's such a pain in the ass when it comes to eating. :lol: You essentially always get a mouthful of mustache.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] , have you grown your beard back? :lol:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
[MENTION=662]Batmobile_Engage[/MENTION] , have you grown your beard back?
Sure did, and I really need a trim.
4d8d6e5ef0ee689d2a45a1c21afd6eba.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Literally wow!
How did you feel looking at yourself after entirely shaven?
What did the wife say?
What did friends and family say?
How long did you have a beard for up to this point?
Any other thoughts or feelings that you had?

I can't do it, man! I can never shave again! EVER!

It wasn't too shocking, considering that I had to stay clean shaven during the decade I was in the military. And while that era ended many years ago, it still feels like just last year.

The wife was more happy with it than I expected, considering that during the last couple times I shaved, she didn't like it.

I cut it all off during the early part of the statewide lockdown. So besides the wife and kid, hardly anyone else saw me until it had substantially grown back.

Honestly, I don't really remember. I started growing a beard around 2013-ish, and besides the couple times I cut it off and let it grow back right away, I have essentially had a beard ever since then.

Umm...not really, other than that sometimes I feel it is a good change for the skin and it seems to grow back in a little better. A good trim would take off all the wild and split ends, but I often have a
hard time finding a barber that I feel does a good job. I'm very specific in describing what and how I want it trimmed, but I might as well be talking to a wall. So generally speaking, if I want it to be perfect I just do it myself. The only downside is how long it takes when trimming it myself. I have to rig up an extra mirror so I can more accurately see the side of my face. If I get lazy and don't have the time, then I just risk having a barber do it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You can cheat right now with that length by using balm or oil and training the sides to grow downwards instead of outwards with a brush.

I trimmed almost half of my beard the other day. What a difference in retrospect in regards to length. I mainly did it because it's been a while since I last did. I will need to go to a barbershop to compare how i fare in comparison to a professional at some point, though. :lol:

I'm at 18.5 months at the moment, since I began growing a beard and my hair. I'll leave hair until the 2 year mark and decide what I want to do then.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
You can cheat right now with that length by using balm or oil and training the sides to grow downwards instead of outwards with a brush.

I trimmed almost half of my beard the other day. What a difference in retrospect in regards to length. I mainly did it because it's been a while since I last did. I will need to go to a barbershop to compare how i fare in comparison to a professional at some point, though. :lol:

I'm at 18.5 months at the moment, since I began growing a beard and my hair. I'll leave hair until the 2 year mark and decide what I want to do then.

For sure. I just brushed it up and out for comedic value. The lower portions are okay, but the sideburns need at least a 1/2" taken off. I like to shape it so that the sides are shorter than from the jaw line down.

I just cannot stand my hair getting too long. If it's touching my ears, it's time for a cut.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
For sure. I just brushed it up and out for comedic value. The lower portions are okay, but the sideburns need at least a 1/2" taken off. I like to shape it so that the sides are shorter than from the jaw line down.

I just cannot stand my hair getting too long. If it's touching my ears, it's time for a cut.

Whew, you'd get irritated for sure then! :lol: My hair is just past my shoulders and it's a pain in the ass sometimes. This is reason as to why I slick it back most of the time.