Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  34
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: How do you shave?

  1. Top Of Page | #31
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do you shave?

    Yeah... not too pleased. Idk why I let anyone else cut my beard. I should just do it myself.

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

    Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

  2. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do you shave?

    I'll be coming up on 11 months in the next 1-1.5 weeks. At this point, I don't remember how I look without a beard. I don't think I'm going to shave ever again in my life either.

    I also decided to grow out my hair past my shoulders. Based on what I've read and seen, it'll take about two years to get to that point. My hair is the same as my beard in terms of growth, almost at the 11 month mark. One thing that took some time adjusting to was the shedding that comes with having longer hair. It can sometimes get annoying.
    @Batmobile_Engage , the latest purchase (a month ago or so now) was a heated brush! Life changer if you have a longer beard!!! It's like witchcraft and will make your beard straight in a matter of two minutes. I don't use as much balm anymore and I only shampoo the beard about every three days now with a new shampoo/conditioner I'm trying out.


    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

  4. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do you shave?

    Nice. I thought about getting one of those, but then decided to keep it more on the short side for the foreseeable future. I'm liking this length right now, as long as I keep it shaped nicely. I've had my beard excessively long before, but I absolutely could never stand having long hair. I can't even stand it when it's touching my ears.

    Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

  6. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do you shave?

    Most recent hair & beard trim...

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

    Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

  8. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do you shave?

    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    Nice. I thought about getting one of those, but then decided to keep it more on the short side for the foreseeable future. I'm liking this length right now, as long as I keep it shaped nicely. I've had my beard excessively long before, but I absolutely could never stand having long hair. I can't even stand it when it's touching my ears.
    I'm like you in that sense that I couldn't tolerate longer hair. However, I comb/slick it backwards and stays out of my way the entire day. Getting out of bed is a different, disastrous story.


    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

  10. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #36
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do you shave?

    Next week will be my yeard. However, last month, I trimmed off roughly 1.5" of my beard because it was getting wispy. From what I've read and understood, not all hair follicles grow at the same rate and terminal growth is different for each strand. I also trimmed half the mustache again like I did 6 months ago. It gets pretty annoying at a certain length and that certain length for me is the 6 month period. I suppose my next step is to analyze how my beard looks in a couple of months and then determine what length is my maximum length, and what length is my optimal length. I still can't see myself ever shaving again.


    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

  12. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #37
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do you shave?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Next week will be my yeard. However, last month, I trimmed off roughly 1.5" of my beard because it was getting wispy. From what I've read and understood, not all hair follicles grow at the same rate and terminal growth is different for each strand.
    This is 100% true. That's why I always tell anyone who asks, to grow it out longer than they would like and then trim it back into the shape they desire. If you keep trying to shape it before it's too long, it will never fill in properly and you'll get frustrated and shave it all off again. The hardest part is not messing with it for those 4-6 weeks earlier on.

    Congrats on making it a year! It takes more maintenance and will power than most people realize. Now from here on out you should be pretty comfortable with all that.

    Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

  14. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #38
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do you shave?

    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    This is 100% true. That's why I always tell anyone who asks, to grow it out longer than they would like and then trim it back into the shape they desire. If you keep trying to shape it before it's too long, it will never fill in properly and you'll get frustrated and shave it all off again. The hardest part is not messing with it for those 4-6 weeks earlier on.

    Congrats on making it a year! It takes more maintenance and will power than most people realize. Now from here on out you should be pretty comfortable with all that.
    Thanks, it was an easy journey of sitting on my ass and doing nothing. Either I've become accustomed to maintenance or it isn't as difficult as people think it is, because it's second nature at this point.

    One thing that I still haven't gotten over is shedding. More so with my head hair than my beard. It can get pretty annoying, but I'm committed to sticking to my initial goal of two years. In another 370 days, my hair should be well below my shoulders, which is going to be a first time experience for me. It's already at the longest point I've ever had it at. Right now, it's at about the halfway point in between my ears and shoulders.


    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

  16. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #39
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: How do you shave?

    Wow. I could never do it (the hair length). I'd literally have to be living in the woods and even then, I'd find a way to keep it short.

    Make sure you take periodic progression pics. Every month or something...

    Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

  18. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •