Hey all

Wobwka

Hey

Long time fan of Subaru, hoping to become an STI owner by end of summer. I'm not an expert on cars but always willing to learn. I see this forum has a bunch of useful stickys. If you guys have any advice for a new STI owner then share haha.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGTOASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! What car do you currently drive? What makes you want an STI over a WRX? Are you going to be buying a new car or a used car?

Wobwka

I'm looking to buy new, the used ones in my area seem to be in previous accidents, or have sketchy vehicle histories. : /

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What car do you currently have?

Wobwka

I'm driving a Solara right now. About 240k miles on her, still runs but getting there.

Not going to lie little sad Subaru still hasn't brought back the hatch for the STI

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Whew, you're going to be getting a massive upgrade then!!!

If a hatchback is what you want, then there are a ton of great deals on used 2008-2014 STi's!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Hey

Long time fan of Subaru, hoping to become an STI owner by end of summer. I'm not an expert on cars but always willing to learn. I see this forum has a bunch of useful stickys. If you guys have any advice for a new STI owner then share haha.

So much advice! The stickys are a great place to start, but ask tons of questions...most of us love to talk even if its already been covered.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So much advice! The stickys are a great place to start, but ask tons of questions...most of us love to talk even if its already been covered.

I agree! Refreshers are always nice! :tup:

Wobwka

I've been reading up on most of the sticky's at least for turbo care, and maintenance. The used hatches i'm skeptical of buying. My local area (NJ) and the surrounding area doesn't have much in the way of hothatches.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If you want a good deal on a car that has been maintained, you'll have to expand your searches. Try 500 miles around you. Go see the car in person over a weekend and if needed, take a day off so you have 3 total days to bring the car home.